Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day 111, 112, 113 - I Know, I Know

So I've been super slacker this week. I realize. I'm going to get back to once a day again this week ( I HOPE). Honestly, it's easier. I don't even remember half of what happened two days ago. Terrible. Here goes nothin...

Friday we met a group of ladies and their babes at Victoria Park. It was supposed to be really nice. We had aimed for 9-930 and didn't end up being there until almost 11:30. First of all, Kyle let me sleep in again. I don't even remember how bad a night Thursday night was...but she didn't wake up until 7:30. God, I can't believe I now say that like it's super late. What happened here?! Ha. Kyle was up before her so I got to sleep. It wasn't too, too late but by the time we had showered, eaten, packed snacks, dressed, sunscreened etc. it was 10ish. Then I went to put on my wedding rings and...they weren't there. Long story short, Sienna took them and put them somewhere. I spent the better part of an hour looking in all the places she came up with where it could possibly be. You know, in a crazed, tears flowing, panicky kind of way. Lovely way to start the day. I still haven't found them. I don't even want to think or talk about it. It makes me so sick to my stomach and my heart aches. ANYWAY...we didn't get to the park until later :(

We still had a great time though. It ended up being 26 degrees I think. So nice. We played and played, then came home and napped. She napped from 2:30-5!! Amazing!! I slept until 4ish and woke up surprised she was still sleeping ha. That hasn't happened in ages. So nice. We did hot dogs for dinner (ah summer :) ) and then headed up to my parents to visit my mom and dad. My mom was home from Mexico and showered Sienna with Mexican gifts. I wish I took the camera because she was pretty cute about it. Mom brought us back a HUGE blanket for the beach and Sienna insisted on laying it out and having a "beach picnic" on it with all her new things. It was great. Since Sienna slept so late I wasn't too worried about bedtime. She was completely wired with all the excitement (but also SO well behaved) we ended up staying until 8:30ish. She wasn't asleep until 9. Oops! She did fine though.
Watching Bugs Bunny at my parents. Love the "trance" look ha. Side note: Bugs Bunny is SO violent!! Shocking I don't remember it being so hard core.

Saturday we had planned on going to Tot Spot in the morning. Kyle had yet to see it and honestly every time we would go Sienna would say "Daddy coming too?" We had been meaning to do it for a long time actually but between the weather being too nice to be inside to me being sick it just didn't happen. When we got there Kristina, her husband Travis and Arthur were all there. Arthur was running around having a ball. Sienna played shy and was not her energetic self. Shocking really, they totally switched roles ha. They both had a blast of course and us parents got a nice visit in. A really nice Saturday morning.

Sienna started getting whiny early though so we left, just in time for a down pour. We got home and had lunch then went straight for a nap. She was SO tired. In fact she said "Daddy pick out books, Sienna too tired." Poor kid. On the road to sicksville :( Sure enough she told us she was "sick" after the nap and had a runny nose. Great! What can I say, we really haven't been sick that much this year so we're due. Oh wait...we've been sick a ridiculous amount and I'm SO tired of it. Ugh. Anyway. She seems to be ok just a little more whiny than usual and she tires easily.

We went to my parents for dinner, then I got to go out for a little night out with Celia. We haven't had one in months it seems so it was nice to get out. We went to a little Vietnamese restaurant, again something I haven't done in forever. It was SO good. I had eaten dinner already so I just had some salad rolls but YUM they were delicious. We also had a bubble tea for dessert. I haven't had bubble tea since we lived in Vancouver I'm sure. It was fabulous. I really want to take Kyle eventually. We used to eat Vietnamese all the time. Ever since the peanut allergy I'm terrified to take Sienna anywhere near one. Kyle and I are definitely due for a date night so maybe soon I can take him :)

So last night Sienna slept all the way through!! Woohooo!! It's so upsetting that that is such a rare occurrence that I have to celebrate but what can I say it was marvelous. Yes she was still up at 6:30 but then Kyle climbed into bed with her and she slept until after 8. Wow. So nice. Kyle took Sienna out for hot chocolate and "raggamuffins" at Tims this morning and I lounged around the house. We really didn't do too much today. Sienna DID insist on wearing her new swim suit/life jacket suit thing my mom got her for most of the morning ha.
Getting her music ready for a dance party with her bears.
And winding down with a little typing. "Hold on mama...work to do!" Alright, alright.

She did have another nap today (Kyle was saying earlier I'm pretty sure she's napped every day this week! Not bad). It was only just over an hour but I'll take it :) Then Kyle cooked up a delicious salmon for dinner. I tidied and Sienna and Kyle played and watched Mickey. Sienna had a shower and then hopped into bed at 7:30. It was a nice weekend actually. Despite her maybe getting sick. I really hope it's just a tired/runny nose thing that passes quickly. It'd be nice to get back on track! I feel like I'm rambling tonight and also missing a million things so I'll close here. I really do hope to start my one a day again tomorrow...makes it much easier!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain with the sleeping thing!! I don't know what happened to my children!! They used to sleep through the night every night and not get up until 8-8:30. Now they are up about 2 times each, each night and are almost always up before 7 now!! AHH!! I hope it's a phase! Now even if they're up at 6:30, if they have slept through the night I feel so rested.

    ReplyDelete