Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 141 - Well, This is the Life

God I love this weather! It was, again, such a beautiful day. Sienna was up at 630 again, seems to be the new norm. I didn't even bother trying to get her to stay in bed until 7 because she was talking incredibly loudly about getting up and I didn't want to wake Kyle (he for once specifically asked to sleep in, pretty rare, so I didn't want to ruin it). Tomorrow we'll try and get back to 7. Anyway, Sienna and I were up and moving early. I thought maybe I'd get lucky and have a low key morning while propping her in front of Mickey (there are two back to back episodes at 7 every day). Well, no luck, she was rearing to go right away. We had breakfast and got dressed then I took the opportunity to do some cleaning (she helped of course). Kyle was up by 830 (what a "sleep in" hey? ha). By then we were making our way outside. We spent the morning in the backyard, just usual stuff. It was great. Not too too hot yet, just...nice.
A little topless beef jerky eating after breakfast. Definitely her mother's daughter when it comes to this stuff. Not that I eat it topless ha. You know what I mean..right? Loves it.
Helping wash the patio furniture.

After we ate a little lunch we Skyped with Adam and Emma. It has definitely been way too long since we've done that and we need to keep up with it more. Sienna played shy and just sat there smiling at them 90% of the time like a weirdo ha. But still, was very nice to catch up a bit. They're coming out in November for a visit and I cannot WAIT. I miss them both so much :(

After Skype we both napped again. Kyle went out grocery shopping and to Chapters. When we woke up we headed right out into the pool. Sienna would literally stay in it all day if we let her. It's always a battle to get her out and every second she's not swimming she's asking about when she can go back in.
My parents friends Anne and Malcolm came over for a swim as well and we all had a delicious salmon dinner. So good. Sienna definitely has a new "favorite" with Anne. Didn't leave her alone. Luckily Anne loves her as well so she didn't mind haha. Plus Anne has the bad habit of bringing her a present every time we see them ha. Today it was a blow up little elephant. Super cute. Her name is "Ellie," and she's been attached to Sienna's arm all day. I'm sure I'll be hearing about going over to Anne's house for the next week or so.
On a horrifying note, I discovered a not so little new friend in our backyard this evening:
It's our first (that we have known of) rat, and he's HUGE. We have chipmunks and squirrels, mice and voles, and a million different kinds of birds that live in our backyard. I love them all honestly. Yes I'd rather not have the rodents running across my feet or chipmunks running into my legs (happened last summer...those things are NOT scared of people) but I definitely don't mind them being there. It's cool to have so much wildlife in our backyard alone I think. But this guy....YELCH. Gives me the creeps. I'm pretty sure it's the tail. And his size. And the fact that he just looks at me and doesn't care I'm there with this look on his face like "I'm going to eat you" haha. I don't know. I can feel him crawling on me....ugh. I'm pretty sure I'll be having rat filled dreams tonight haha.

1 comment:

  1. SO jealous about the pool AND the weather AND the skyping!!

    ReplyDelete