Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 129 - Rain...???

Today I had planned on doing some more house destroying/cleaning/organizing and possibly Old Navy going because for almost a week now the forecast said RAIN. Well, today came and went and it was beautiful out. My phone STILL says rain for today so I'm not sure what's going on there. Anyway, a bit of change of plans.

Sienna was up at 7 on the dot as usual. She was in a great mood. It was nice out so I thought we'd go and play in our backyard until this looming rain came. Well, we ended up spending all morning out there! I got a lot of work done. Although you can barely tell ha. I did things like wash doors, windows, patio furniture, Sienna's table and chairs, etc. that just get done and you can't REALLY tell a huge difference. Then I did some weeding and raking and sweeping. I attempted to work on the pool. Enough to scoop yet ANOTHER mouse out of the skimmer. UGH. So gross. Mice etc. don't generally gross me out too badly but when you reach your bare arm into a skimmer, only to half grab a stiff, dead, rodent...not cool. I actually think this one might have been our vole. I didn't get a great look but it was definitely like 4 times the size of the cute little mouse from the other day. Anyway....enough mouse talk. I tried to get some pool work done but with Sienna it's next to impossible. She refused to just play in her sandbox etc. while I did anything so Kyle ended up doing it when he got home before dinner.

When we first went out it looked a little chilly. Windy with overcast so I put Sienna in some pants:
Well, while I was hunched over picking some weeds up Sienna yelled "Mommy, way too hot for these pants!" I just said ok hold on I'll get some shorts. Before I could even look up she had her pants around her ankles (including underwear) staring at me and saying "It's ok Mama, naked baby in the back yard." Ha....ya...not sure our neighbors would appreciate your bum hanging out all morning. She did some yard work while I grabbed her shorts:
She's becoming more and more like Kyle every day haha...

Again she was a big help washing everything:
Then she found a worm and that distracted her for about half an hour:
She put it back in the garden and lost it...she was SO mad. We searched and searched for it. No luck. Ha.

After our tiring morning we both napped. I'm sure she wasn't ready to get up when she did because she came into our room and was pretty whiny. She asked to watch Elmo in our bed so we did. I made us a snack and we chowed down to Elmo's World. After that we started on the living room. We didn't get too far before Kyle got home. We had dinner and then Sienna and I continued working in the living, while Kyle went outside and worked on the pool. It was a pretty exhausting day. I'm going to be asleep soon I'm sure. Let's hope Sienna sleeps right through tonight. It's been a few days....I think we're due ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you did lots of hard work Lindsay. Thanks so much for looking after my garden while we're away. The more voles and mice you catch the better, lol. Maybe pull up the basket instead of reaching your hand in, lol. Tell Sienna 5 move sleeps before we're home, then she will start to learn to count backwards! I'm ready to spend the summer at home getting my hands dirty and lounging in the pool. See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete