Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 116 - The Airport, Ice Cream and Crazy Wind

This morning we were up early (well no earlier than usual ha) to drive my mom to the airport. She's off to Prince George, then Vancouver/Kelowna/Victoria(??) for a almost three week trip. Of course the day we have to be up early Sienna wanted to sleep. I had to wake her up at 6:45 and she fought me big time ha. Once I told her we were driving to the airport though she said "right now??!!" with a big smile and literally leaped out of bed. She loves going to the airport...nutball. Traffic was horrendous. It took us an hour and a half (usually takes around 45 min). Ugh...I would HATE to commute into Toronto every day. I'm sure you lose countless years off your life just from the stress of it. Anyway, we dropped her off and turned right back around and drove home. Sienna asked about half way home if we could stop for ice cream. It was pretty early still but I agreed. Poor kid was in the car for almost 3 hours for "nothing" really so I broke the rules a little.
She was SO pleased. Had a great time chowing down on a cone while we watched the "chickadees" hop around outside.

After we got home we got changed and sunscreened up to go play out back. Was a great time. It was actually insanely hot but the wind was unbelievable! It was blowing her lawn chairs all over, plus her bubbles and sand toys as well. She wasn't too impressed. She did enjoy "flying" in it but when she was actually trying to do anything (build imaginary sandcastles on the table) she was furious. "Mama tell the wind to stop!!" I tried and tried to explain it to her that I couldn't just do that. But for those of you who have spoken to a 2 1/2 year old, you know it's pointless explaining something they want can't be done ;)
"Relaxing" and "resting"
"Flying"
Sandcastle building
Yelling at the wind..."Stop wind!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment