Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 136 - Haircut Day

Today Sienna got her first "official" haircut. At a real salon, not just by me :) I gave her a haircut when she was about 6 months...she had that half bald half long haired 'do so I trimmed it up. We went to Cookie Cutters. A place that specializes in kids hair cuts. I really wasn't sure how she would do sitting still for a stranger to fiddle around with her hair. They were FABULOUS. There were a ton of toys to play with, a slide, movies to watch while you get cut and they sit in cars. Very cool. Plus afterwards she got to pick a clip, a balloon and a sucker. Sienna did SO well. She got to watch Dora so she was thrilled. She picked a pink car and sat quietly and patiently the whole time. The stylist kept saying "I wish all kids were like this." Ha...I can only IMAGINE. I'm sure the majority of kids are pretty good there though. I'm also sure they get some pretty difficult ones as well :) I got an email coupon so it came to $18. Apparently expensive for a child's haircut (??) but well worth it. She just got a trim and thinned out a bit so it's easier to manage. Looks super cute and every more curly since it's not weighed down.
Picking out her clip
Picking out her balloon
SO happy on the car ride home

It was SO hot here today. Got up to 30 I think. Another dead heat. Zero wind. There are definitely a lot of complaints going around today ha. I'm actually not complaining (yet ;) ). I loved it. When we got home we spent the rest of the morning outside.
For whatever reason Sienna did not nap today. Ugh. Kyle was up half the night stressing about his rewrite being finished/up to his insanely high standards, so I didn't sleep too well either. Then Sienna was up at 6am. Lovely. By the time nap time came I was zonked. Luckily Kyle came home and I took a quick nap before MY hair appointment. No pictures of the new 'do. Just a trim. I haven't had my hair cut in AGES so it's really nice to have it done finally! Sienna was pretty pleased we both got our hair done. Now she wants Kyle to shave his "weird beard." Haha, apparently they made a deal, she would get her hair cut, he would shave. He didn't hold up his end of the bargain today and boy did he hear about it!! My mom stole Sienna while I was getting my hair done and took her grocery shopping. She came home with Bear Paws, Minigo, cherry tomatoes, new shoes, new sunglasses and new "underwears." Spoiled kid. After dinner we enjoyed some more out door time. God I love warm summer nights. Kyle went for a run and came back looking like he went for a swim ha. I'm thoroughly impressed he ran in this heat. Sienna went down fairly well. She almost hit ridiculous so I'm hoping she sleeps well. I'm actually feeling like absolute crap tonight. Nauseous, headache, heartburn, tired, blah, blah blahhhhh. So I'm off to bed. Kyle's promising not to be up all night, if only I could get Sienna to agree to that as well ;)

1 comment: