Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 109-110 - Taxes and Monsters and...Scary Guys??

Oh my! So I'm combining posts again...I know lame. But I'm getting over a wretched sinus infection, I'm pregnant, I have a 2 1/2 yr old....what else? Ha. The real reason I didn't post last night was because Kyle and I had to do our taxes. I swore we wouldn't be doing them last minute again like last year but, well, we did. It went really well actually. I'm proud to say we did them pretty much entirely on our own. Yes there were a couple phone calls to my sister (direct quote: "You guys get to claim moving expenses this year hey? That's SO cool!!" Uh...ya we do, cool? Not too sure about that haha. Ohhhh accountants....). Kyle couldn't have done his (well at least in such a timely manner) without his mom, AKA the self-employed tax issues guru ;) But really, we just sat down and looked at it line for line. Anyway. Ha.

I should just say that yesterday we just stayed at home. Doing laundry and cleaning and playing of course. It was actually really nice. For some reason, lately, I've felt like I've been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I think it's because I've been so sick and exhausted that I don't do anything. Then when I have a burst of energy I think in my head about the 3 million things I should be doing. Anyway...it was really, really nice to have a quiet day at home with my girl. Plus I was feeling SO much better! It's funny, Sienna was up every hour on the hour (well on the half hour actually ha) the night before. It was horrid. I ended up crawling into bed with her at 5:30am because I was so fed up (ya really nice habit to get into I know). Even with the horrid sleep it was amazing how great I felt in comparison. Ah health....gotta love it.

So last night we didn't finish up until 12:30am or so (gross I know). With Sienna in bed around 7:30ish we didn't get into it until 8:30. I also sent Kyle on a DQ "giant fudge sundae" run. Hey, if I was going to be up past 10pm I would need some motivation. Like I said to Kyle tonight, "if my hot fudge sundae and caesar salad cravings don't bump my weight gain up nothing will." Ha. He then asked if that was my goal and I promptly glared at him and walked away. I've only gained 10 pounds so far so I'm doing pretty good I think! Anyway. By the time I was settled and in bed and asleep it was nearly 1:30am. SO gross. I knew I'd pay for it today. Then I was woken up at 3:30 by Kyle saying he had a toothache and had to go out looking for something for it like ambesol. In my daze I thought "sure that's reasonable," but then said "why don't you pop a couple of my T2's?" His reply, "I already did, about an hour ago." Ha. Alright. Back to sleep. Up again half hour later to him coming into bed empty handed. The only thing open didn't have any. Surprise, surprise there really. God. But he was feeling better anyway. Well, an hour after that Sienna was up. Of course. I just staggered into her room and crawled into bed with her. She was up by 6:15am. I honestly only half remember the morning. I walked around like a zombie getting Sienna breakfast etc. until 8:30 when Kyle got up, then passed out on the couch for an hour while he woke up and got ready for work. Ha. It was not a great morning. At least Kyle says his tooth is fine. I'm just hoping it's not his sinuses and it's just a random toothache. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

But...we made it. I asked Sienna yesterday why she was up so much the night before. She told me this big heart wrenching story about monsters in her room, PLUS a "scary guy" under her bed. They're out to get her water apparently. Poor kid. You can tell she's genuinely scared and upset. Her eyes tear up and her bottom lips pops out when she's talking about them. We've sprayed her room with "monster spray" (which also gets rid of scary guys by the way) a few times now. Seems to be helping. It's just got to be the age. She now sleeps with a night light (has for a while) and her door wide open. She also insists on having the light just outside her room on a bit (it's on a dimmer). Poor kid. You can tell it's not just her stalling or wanting to get her way, that she's genuinely scared. Guess we'll just have to experiment with what works. I've talked to a couple other moms with kids Sienna's age and they all have similar issues. Damn imaginations I suppose.

After a slow morning we finally got out to mail the taxes and do a little shopping. When we got home we had a little lunch then Sienna had a nap (she had one yesterday as well :) ). I slept both days too. Yesterday I woke up to a little girl standing beside my bed. "Eat bear paws and watch Care Bears in your bed mama?" "Ok, come on in." Haha. I honestly hate napping when she does. I never can fall asleep right away and then it feels like I only sleep for 15 minutes (which sometimes I do). I guess whatever I can get helps right? Today she just stayed in her bed and yelled for me. We played and played afterwards. Here are some pictures from the only time in the last two days I remembered to take my camera (iPhone) out:

She lined up some of her cars and was explaining how she did it all by herself to me. In complete dramatic Sienna fashion of course :)
And then she heard an airplane. Haha, love the attention span some times.

I lied, I did take one more picture. After we played for a bit she asked for "some warm milk in my bottle please." Then asked me to hold her "like a baby" and "cuddle me." Alright...
Is this a preview of what's to come? Regression? Please no....

Oh I should also mentioned we finally got our Jetta back good as new! Looks great. Kyle said dealing with the car rental and the body shop went really well. Seems like the whole experience went as well as it possibly could. Yes we could've done without the $500 deductible and all the hassle but all in all, not too bad. Just nice for it to be all done and taken care of.

After dinner we basically put her to bed. She was saying all afternoon how tired she was. She really hasn't been sleeping that great so it doesn't surprise me. I'm exhausted too. I'm going to pack it in now as well. I really hope she decides to sleep tonight. I know we could all use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment