This morning Kyle had planned on taking Sienna out just the two of them for a little Daddy and me time. However the wind and rain were RIDICULOUS so he decided to keep her home. I think I read that the winds were expected to reach 100 km/h. Insane winds here....just insane. Sienna was up at 7:30 and rearing to go as usual. In addition to the regular indoor playing we baked some bran muffins this morning. Honestly, one of my favorite things to do.
She just loves helping with whatever. So eager to learn. I love this age. While the muffins were baking I cleaned up our fun and Sienna and Kyle chased each other around the house. After we tasted our delicious creations Sienna snuggled up to Kyle and asked him to read to her. Another one of my favorite things, watching those two.
Today I had a "Mommy Mixer" at 2pm. A lady from a moms group I'm part of organized it. It was a Huggies Party. They sponsored 500 parties I think and she won one. We got samples and played games in addition to just hanging out with other moms. It was a lot of fun! I'm so happy I went. We had mocktails and chocolate fondue and baking. Exchanged baby stories and pregnancy woes. It was great. Definitely met a few ladies I hope to see again!
The only downfall about the 2pm get together was I missed my (now routine) nap. I'm wiped!! Ridiculous really. So we're going to climb into bed and watch a movie. Perfect way to spend a Saturday evening if you ask me :)





No comments:
Post a Comment