Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 122 - Lazy Tuesday

Today I was woken up by my girl standing beside my bed haha. She's been pretty consistent with that lately. I was having a weird dream and her saying "Mama" got incorporated into it haha it was bizarre. Anyway, I love having her come wake me up like that opposed to yelling it's great. She was in a super sweet, snuggly mood. She didn't want to do ANYTHING. I had planned to just stick around the house today anyway to do some cleaning and the mountain of laundry that has accumulated. I wanted to go grocery shopping as well but that was NOT happening with her today. I don't know if she didn't get a good sleep or what but she was really tired. She wasn't up last night...maybe too much sleep?? I don't know. She just wanted to watch Elmo all day ha. I could've easily spent the entire day on the couch with her I think.
The only thing that got her up and moving was when I suggested making some muffins. She bounded off the couch and ran into the kitchen. That kid loves to bake! Well, I think she really enjoys eating batter ha.
The "cheese" smile/head tilt
Followed by a huge bite of batter...nice distraction attempt kiddo
"OK Sienna that's enough batter"
What if I do this cheese smile again?? Would that change your mind/distract you long enough to get another mouthful?!

After muffins Kyle came home for lunch and we went down for an earlier nap. She slept for 2 1/2 hours! Not bad! We had a snack and then attempted to Skype my mom for a bit. Sienna wasn't really into it. Seems you have to catch her in the right mood these days for it to be successful. We had a really nice dinner with my dad. He's flying to Vancouver to meet my mom for my brother's grad tomorrow. I so wish I was going with them. I'm feeling home sick lately. I don't think it helped that my friend Adam sent me a picture of our old place in Vancouver the other day. Sienna and my dad played and danced as usual. I thought I got a decent shot of him swinging her around but it's terrible haha. I'll post anyway though:
Definitely loves playing with her Papa.

Sienna didn't get to sleep until almost 9pm tonight. Didn't help that we ok'd cookies AND a popsicle for dessert haha. Poor kid. Sugar high for sure. Let's just hope she sleeps as well as she did last night!

1 comment: