Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 117 - Windy Park Day

Today we met Arthur and Kristina and Victoria Park again. It was supposed to be nice out today (and as always we like to take advantage of good weather). Well, the sun was nice. I'm sure it was actually really warm out, but the wind was terrible!! It was SO cold! Of course the only ones complaining were Kristina and I (more me than her haha). The kids were fine and had a great time of course. Arthur even said he was "hot." Haha. Like usual, we brought Sienna's shovels and buckets to play in the sand. I found some other ones yesterday and brought them. Well little did I know that the missing Ernie and Elmo figurines from last summer (who had been "lost" all this time) were hiding in a bucket! It was like Christmas! Sienna was SO happy. And, like last summer, they were a huge hit with both kids. Each of them pushed them in the swings, buried them (or as Arthur said "putting Elmo to sleep"), and basically held onto them for dear life for the majority of the morning. It was great.

At one point Elmo went missing and we all dug and raked up half the park looking for him. Luckily Kristina spotted him under a swing and he was recovered with minimal injuries ;) I know I say this every post about these two but it's so wonderful watching them play. They're hilarious and oh so sweet. Melts my heart.
Pushing Elmo and Ernie in the swings.

Conquering the "red slide"

We decided to call it a day just before 1pm due to some questionable looking clouds and all headed home for naps. Sienna has been napping SO well lately (knock on wood). Also going to bed so well. She has been getting up at night occasionally but I'm hoping that's slowly getting better too. Problem with her napping so well is that I'M napping so well. It's making me feel slightly useless. It's making me feel much better and I'm sure I'm more tolerable to Kyle haha, but I don't feel super womanesque lately. Don't get me wrong, I definitely prefer the napping to not!! God, I shouldn't say anything. It's never enough is it? Ugh. I'll get back on track soon I'm sure. I think it's just that usually we're going a million miles an hour and the fact that I'm getting some time to myself to relax, well, I guess it's throwing me off. Anyway, enough random rambling.

After dinner and play time Sienna had her bath. My mom bought her these bath colouring tablet things last week so we tried them out. They were a HUGE hit. Sienna loved them. You just plop them in and they turn the water whatever colour the tablet is. Tonight was blue. Very pretty. I think the red is going to look slightly horrifying but I'm sure she'll love it.

We're about to watch our missed episodes of Lost, The Office and Parenthood from this week. Love the TV catch up night :D


No comments:

Post a Comment