Saturday, May 29, 2010

Day 140 - Move Day and Birthday Part 2

This morning we were up early to go help Kristina and Travis move into their new place. For some reason I had some awful morning sickness (??). It passed enough for us to still go though. Got there early enough it was still semi decent weather wise (not too hot). The boys did all the heavy lifting and us "useless lazy pregnant ladies" (I think was Travis' quote ha) watched the kids. The guys did great. Finished around 1pm, just in time for naps. By the time they were finishing up the unpacking the heat was in full force. Kristina did a fabulous job keeping that babe in her belly as well ha. The kids had a blast running around the empty house, being goofballs as usual. Plus Kristina brought out her iPod with some kids apps on it (and an episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Not bad!! I have to download a few things for Sienna. She loved it.
Blowing up the exercise ball to play with haha
Stealing Kristina's chair (our make shift furniture for the day ;) )
Playing (and sharing!!) the game
Watching Mickey and snacking on Bear Paws...can't go wrong there

After the boys finished up we headed home to have lunch and nap. I got sick AGAIN for some reason. We ALL had a nap (even Kyle...shocking). When Sienna woke up Kyle got up with her and I slept some more. They played in the pool for the rest of the afternoon. I woke up in time to go to my parents for my little birthday celebration. I was surprised with full on decorations, including "Birthday Girl" pin haha. Loved it. Sienna of course decided it was her birthday celebration as well. Continued to put on ALL the party hats and my button.
She was sitting at the table like half an hour before dinner was ready asking for "Birthday rice."
Her and Papa dancing like mad, laughing hysterically..."shaking their booties"

We had delicious halibut and I actually kept it down :D After we ate we Skyped Courtney and she "sat" with us while I (and when I say I, I mean Sienna) opened gifts. Sienna "read" all my cards to everyone. Went a little something like:
"Dear Sienna, its Mommy's birthday celebration. Happy Birthday to Mommy. It's Mommy's birthday celebration. Happy Birthday." etc. etc. Haha. Pretty darn cute.

After presents we had the classic Dairy Queen ice cream cake (SO good) followed by a sampling of my dad's homemade beef jerky (oh GOD so good). I was stuffed but could have kept eating cake and jerky (alternating of course) all night ha. Guess that's what happens when you've had nothing in your stomach all day. Again SUCH a wonderful day! I could have done without the sickness obviously but other than that it was so nice. It's never too fancy, just us all spending time together. That's all it takes to put a smile on my face :)









1 comment:

  1. All of this sounds like a great day, and Happy Bday! BUt I got to say, you had me at homemade Beef Jerky!

    ReplyDelete