Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 114, 115 - Well...

So I didn't do it ha. I ended up going out last night on a whim and didn't feel like posting when I got home :) To be honest I probably won't post tomorrow night either!! I have Sienna's preschool meeting thing at 7pm. Maybe I will...I'm just saying don't count on it (with my recent track record why would you really ha). Anyway, yesterday we stayed around the house. Sienna slept through the night AGAIN...woohoo!! Man it's amazing what a straight through sleep will do for ya. I mean I'm still up 2-3 times to pee but still. I felt SO refreshed. PLUS she's staying in bed until her clock says 7!! SO great!! She now calls out "Moooommmmm it's 7! Time to get upppppp!" Ha. Love it. I wanted to have a low key day since she was maybe sick? Turns out I think it was just a random runny nose with a little being tired thrown in. She's fine now. We had a nice low key morning of playing. Sienna is SO into her My Little Ponies lately. I actually thought the little house we got her for Christmas was a waste since she barely used it. Well, not anymore. She's constantly playing with it now which is great. She called me into her room to show me how she fit four ponies on it haha:
This is now her "cheese!" smile. A huge improvement if you ask me. Complete with head tilt ;)
We spent some time outside, went for a lovely walk and enjoyed the beautiful spring sun. It was actually pretty hot. Loved it. She went down for a nap (after I slight meltdown but hey that's alright every once in a while). She ended up sleeping for almost 2 hours which was great. When she woke up she was cranky. And clingy. She wanted me to just sit with her on the couch and "snuggle." I can't say I didn't love every second :)
After dinner we played a bit more and then got ready for bed. Since she slept so late for her nap bedtime was later and also a little more difficult than usual. Still SO easy. I was actually thinking back to a few weeks ago when I was pulling my hair out over bedtime. So glad that seems to be a thing of the past!

Today we again took advantage of the gorgeous weather and met Kristina and Arthur at the park. The kids had a blast as usual. They're seriously in love with each other and it's so freakin' cute. "Where's Sienna?" and "where's Arthur?" is all we hear when they're not together haha. They chase each other and play, swing, dig in the sand, snack and actually converse. It actually makes me almost tear up it's so adorable!
After the park we came home for a light lunch (she ate quite a bit all morning AND at the park I'm pretty sure it's a growth spurt). Then into bed for a nap. After about an hour and a half she called me in. She was half whining/crying and when I got in there she said "Mama come into bed with Sienna." Ok, that's not unusual after a nap, she likes to play in bed for a bit sometimes. Well, I crawled in and literally 30 seconds later she was out again!
That NEVER happens with naps anymore! She must've been exhausted. I managed to sneak back out after a few minutes and she slept for another 45 minutes or so. Crazy.

She basically woke up and I had to start dinner. We ate then headed to my mom's for a visit before her trip. She's leaving yet again to Prince George, Victoria and Vancouver. This time for almost 3 weeks. It was a nice evening. Sienna and Mimi played and played which is always great. Sienna was in a fabulous mood. So giggly and happy.
Showing Mimi her typing skills (notice the impressed look on my mom's face haha)

It was almost 8pm and she was still wired so I told her she had to calm down a bit because we were leaving to go to bed soon. She insisted on my mom giving her a massage, shirt off and everything to relax. Ha, that kids not spoiled at all!
She was pretending to "sleep" ha.

It was definitely another super late bedtime but I'm sure she'll be fine. We have to get up and drive my mom to the airport first thing so it'd be nice if she kept up the good sleeping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment