Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 52 - Eric Traplin at the Kitchener Market

Today we met a few other mommies and babes at the Kitchener Market to see a children's performer, Eric Traplin. He's fabulous. We used to go every week in the summer and even the first time Sienna saw him she loved him. He reminds me of the old school performers. Like Fred Penner or Raffi. Plus he has a bubble machine...always a hit. We walked in and Sienna kinda freaked out. She clung to me and started whimpering "go home momma." It was SO unlike her. Last year she absolutely loved it so I was a little taken aback. She kept insisting on going back to the car and going home. I started to take her out and she decided it was ok as long as we weren't in the heart of it. We stayed on the outskirts for a bit and slowly made our way to the group. She FINALLY warmed up about 10 minutes before it was over. Poor kid. She claims she had fun and wants to go back so who knows. She had a rough night and has been kind of out of sorts lately. Teeth maybe? Who knows. This is the best picture I could get. She sat on my lap snuggling me the whole time (minus the last bit). I only had my iPhone today...batteries died in the other camera.
I promised Sienna we'd go get ice cream after the market so off we went to McDonalds. Unfortunately with the peanut allergy, McDonalds is the only real option to go out for ice cream (that I know of here). Everywhere else has the infamous "may contain peanuts." Celia and Erika joined us. Well...they were cleaning their ice cream machine so no ice cream for us. Poor kid ha. We stayed and had a little lunch. The girls were both great. Happy as can be. Hugging and kissing and playing with each other ha.

She ended having a crummy nap again today. Afterwards she brought her "pink baby" into bed with her and was singing to her, snuggling and playing with her. This is the doll that goes everywhere. I'd love to secretly replace her with a new one...she's very well loved.
I had to put this one up. I love this expression. It's her "protesting" face...."but mommmm"

Kyle heard about the ice cream incident so he picked up some cones and a tub of chocolate. After dinner Sienna got to chow down on her cone...finally. While watching Mickey Mouse...lucky gal tonight!
Surprisingly enough this is her first official cone. She shared a frozen yogurt with Grandpa Hart at Ikea ages ago. But this is her first solo cone. Crazy actually.

It's supposed to be beautiful this week so I'm really hoping to get a lot of outdoors time. Please let this be spring!

4 comments:

  1. So I guess this answers the question that I posted on an earlier blog entry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I was so confused here! I just went searching through all my posts thinking "OMG did she ask me something and I ignored her??" Found it though. I wish they had an alert or something comment wise...or if they do I wish I knew how to access it? Yes...we were both there today. Thought I recognized your little girl (honestly I thought wow what a beautiful little girl :) then...hey is that...? ) and I THINK I saw your son hugging an older girl ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, my son is in the hugging stage. I think he scares a lot of other kids off because of it...LOL He's already interested in the older girls too. Oh boy, I'm going to have a long road ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Well scaring other kids or not, it was pretty friggin' cute.

    ReplyDelete