So the day started out great. All of us well rested, sun was shining, I got some cleaning done first thing. It was great. We then went to Chapters and met Melissa and her two kids for story time at 11. Sienna wasn't too into the story or the craft, just the train set they have there ha. Which was totally fine. The lady running it was nice enough to make her an egg with stickers on it (the craft) which she has carried around all day. She was being incredibly shy for the first half hour or so, then her and Menita (almost 5) started playing. Very cute. Menita to the role as leader/instructor and Sienna dutifully played along. I love watching kids interact and what they say to each other...SO funny.
My mom had dropped us off at Chapters and went to Costco. After she was done she met us there and we did a little browsing. Sienna ended up coming home with a new book about a yellow lab. She loves anything that resembles Murphy, it's very sweet. When we were on a walk the other day she asked if maybe she could get a little dog one day. Ha, I said sure...one day. Later Kyle asked her whether she'd rather have a puppy or a brother/sister, she said puppy. He said "well I wish we would've asked you earlier." Haha how nice.
After Chapters we stopped for a quick bite. Then I dropped Sienna and my mom off and ran over to see the lady who sells me her daughters clothes. I ended up with quite a few things...$30. She gave me a better deal than she first said. She always does, it's wonderful. Sienna was very pleased with all the new clothes. I got home and she said "Momma buy Sienna something new?" Haha, yes, don't worry.
Trying on a new outfit. Those are muffins for Mimi and Papa. In a snack size ziploc of course...her choice.
We did a little baking today too, Sienna wanted to make "ragamuffins" so I obliged. It's been quite some time actually since we baked. Not sure why really.
I love the first picture with her eyes closed. Like she's in complete heaven ha.
After muffins, we went to my parents for dinner. Kyle was still in Toronto (he had another meeting at 5pm so he just stayed in all day). Delicious as always. Sienna and my dad played on their deck for quite a while, it's been SO nice out lately I love it. So does she.
Kyle got home just before Sienna went to bed so she got to tell him about her day and show him all her new stuff. I think she was more excited to give him a muffin. Let's hope since we had a nice busy day (and she again didn't nap) that she'll have another great night!
Here's a couple pictures I had on my iPhone I hadn't uploaded:
Eating some pudding we made the other day. There's that tongue!
Us colouring in bed after her nap (the day she woke up MISERABLE). You can definitely tell in that one picture ha, not impressed to be having her picture taken.









Hopefully she'll get along with our yellow dog!
ReplyDeleteI don't doubt that they'll be the best of friend...not one bit
ReplyDelete