Sunday, March 7, 2010

Day 56 - Annnnd Sick :(

This morning was preschool registration. When we were at the open house the other day, the volunteer told me to get there early. I asked how early is early? She said, well, last year people started showing up at 6am! Wowza. Registration was at 8am. I assumed we'd go "early" but not THAT early! So plans changed a little and I stayed with Sienna at home while Kyle braved the other crazies and lined up at 6! What a man. He was there at 6 and was FOURTH. Insane really. Luckily there was a man there taking names etc. and he got to go sit in his car. He was well prepared with his computer, iPhone, a book and a huge coffee. Ridiculousness aside...she got in! We're so pleased. Now to begin all the paperwork etc. that goes along with our two year old going to school. All seems a little crazy to me but I am really glad she'll be going. I really think she'll benefit from it and really enjoy it.

Sienna let me sleep in until 7:30am. What a nice gal haha. Better than 5:30 though! Poor Kyle. Kyle got home around 8:30 and Sienna and I made some pancakes. All morning Kyle and I were asking Sienna what she wanted to do today. We had planned on going to Waterloo Park, or tobogganing or SOMETHING outside since it was again, SO beautiful out. Sienna wasn't having it. She said no to all our suggestions and kept saying "just stay home." In fact, one time we asked "well what do you want to do today?" and she replied (with a sigh) "nothin." Alright, we weren't pushing it. We tidied a bit, talked to Grandma and Grandpa Hart on the phone and Skyped Auntie Courtney. By about noon she finally gave in and we played in the backyard. Bubbles seem to be a daily event lately.
After playing outside and lunch Sienna went down for a nap. All morning she was rubbing her eyes, sneezing and had a bit of a runny nose. I just chalked it up to the fact that she rubbed her face in the cat all morning. Well, after her nap I was proven wrong. She's got a cold. She struggled through her nap all stuffed up, coughing and sneezing. Poor kid. She was in great spirits all day though so I can't complain. The majority of the evening was spent like this though:
She claimed her "bones hurt" and just lounged. Even watched Finding Nemo. She was up last night and this morning is a little worse for the wear but is happy as a clam so that's good. Guess we'll have to modify our plans again today. Almost made it. Spring is right around the corner. I knew we had too long of a "healthy stretch."

1 comment:

  1. That is CRAZY that you have to line up early for a preschool registration. haha reminds me of something off of TV. So glad she got in though - she's such a smart little cookie - she'll probably be at the top of her class :)

    ReplyDelete