We hit up a couple stores by Old Navy then stopped for a little lunch. At lunch my mom reminded me that Kyle and I were supposed to take their tickets to the Rangers game tonight (we had totally forgot). Since Sienna has been slightly difficult at bedtime I thought I might as well try keeping her up all day so bedtime went more smoothly. She did get up at 6:30am which is pretty early for her but she was in excellent spirits and said she wasn't tired. So of course I trust the 2 year old and we head to the mall after lunch.
When we pulled up she threw a semi-fit because I turned the car off before her song was over (God forbid!). I really should have known. She did well, we spent over an hour there. As a little add on story we went to the Bay (mom was looking for a cover for the beach...she's going to Mexico soon). We walked all around, through the ladies wear, swim suits, lingerie. We were on our way to the cashier when I noticed Sienna didn't have her stuffed pig she had brought in with her. So I scoured the entire first floor looking for the damn thing while my mom paid (she kept Sienna with her). Under clothing racks you name it and came up with nothing. When we reunited my mom said "Sienna...where did you put your piggie?" She proceeded to walk up to a rack with swim suits on it, go into the middle of all the clothes to reveal her pig tucked in the belted area of a suit. Unbelievable. She turned to me and said "told ya momma...found it!" Ya...you did tell me....GOD!
Anyway, by the time we left she was becoming a little unruly. Not listening, basically giving me attitude every chance she got. I decided to try and get her to lay on the couch and have some quiet time. If she was tired enough she'd fall asleep. By the time we got home she was getting pretty crazy. Once I got her inside it was game over. She was RIDICULOUS. I've honestly NEVER seen her like that. She was so way beyond tired she was past all reason and sanity. She screamed, she cried, she flipped out and flopped around. She'd ask for one thing, I'd do it, she'd flip out and ask for the opposite. God. It was incredible really. Kyle ended up coming home because he had finished early thank GOD. Honestly we just stared at each other not knowing what to do. She wouldn't lay on the couch, wouldn't lay in her bed, basically wouldn't do anything we suggested or anything we DIDN'T suggest for that matter. I can't even describe it. I FINALLY convinced her to lay on the couch. I'm pretty sure Handy Manny did the convincing but still, she ended up there. Within seconds she was out cold. Little face swollen from bawling...poor kid.
Half an hour later she was screaming and crying, not awake. She's done this a couple times and there's really nothing you can do but wait it out. I ended up holding her (as I often do when she wakes up) and she passed out mid sentence in my arms. I didn't dare move and ended up sitting with her on my lap for over an hour. I can't remember the last time she fell asleep on me. I must admit it was wonderful once she was unconscious haha. A lot of snuggling :)
Doing a little online banking...had to do something to pass the time, Kyle was watching the 50 most emotional moments in sports or something so...
My mom came over around 6pm to see how things were going. We were actually all going to go out to the Whale and Ale (Sienna and mom included) but that obviously didn't happen. Kyle and I didn't know if we should still go to the game. We all kind of sat dumbfounded. She woke up at 6:15 still in my arms a totally different kid. She was smiling and laughing. Happy as can be. It's really amazing how much sleep affects them. I've obviously seen this many times before (ask any mother/father an overtired child is the worst case scenario), but nothing like today.
Since she was in a great mood my mom insisted we go to the game. We were a little late but we made it. Jeff Skinner got his 50th goal of the year to win the game 5-4, with 10 seconds left. Pretty amazing actually. Definitely glad we got to actually see it! Sienna did great with my mom other than a little poop accident (haha a first actually), refusing to have her hair washed in the bath and also refusing to brush her teeth. I told mom that that's par for the course with her lately haha. It was a rough couple hours there but I guess we've learned she still needs her naps haha. I really should have known better than to try and mess with her haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment