Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 167 - Friday?!!

It seems the weeks are flying by these days. I'm pretty sure I can chalk that up to the beautiful weather. Also means my house guests will start arriving soon!! (Countdown to Breanne coming t-minus 5 DAYS!!!! WOOHOO!!!) Today we took a little trip into Burlington to go to Ikea. We've been trying to figure out what to do about the girl's sleeping situation. Right now she has a night light and sleeps with the door WIDE open. Unfortunately her door leads right into our living room so it kind of limits what we can do after she's in bed. Lucky for me I'm asleep like an hour after she is so it doesn't affect me haha. Plus, Kyle and I don't really watch TV and when we do it's in the bedroom so again, doesn't REALLY affect us. Now, when babe #2 comes it'll be a different story. We knew this but if you look back to like day 70 or something when we were dealing with a disastrous bedtime we did what we had to and this is where we ended up. We thought we'd let "normal" bedtime last for a little while before attempting to close the door again. Well, the issue has now been brought to our attention again because as mentioned above we're having house guests soon. SO, either Sienna gets used to commotion in the living room with her door open, we shut it, or we hang out in our bedroom ha. One of the issues is that it's "too dark" for her. So we've been looking (more like discussing) at lighting options for a little while. I thought we might as well take a trip to Ikea and look at their wall lights. Perhaps get a signature hot dog (or two) and a frozen yogurt? Maybe...?
We decided on this. She actually picked it. Matches her room colours and recent bug obsession. Plus it's really dim so it kind of creates the illusion of having a lot more light for her. She loves it. I love it. The price was definitely right. Done deal :)

As soon as we got in the car:
Pretty sure it was the combo of driving and sugar crash.

When we got home we attempted to put her down for more sleep (she woke up as soon as the car stopped). I was actually desperate for a nap. Well...she "slept" for about 20 minutes. Somehow I squeezed in some sleep and felt way better so it was still good. As soon as she was up we headed into the pool for close to two hours of swimming. Ridiculous really.

After dinner (which she SCARFED down) Kyle went to the grocery store for a few things and Sienna and I walked down to get the mail. I'm glad I didn't push her to walk any further because even that short little walk took FOREVER. She was clearly exhausted. Plus she insisted on carrying all her tools for some reason :)

Needless to say she was in bed sleeping by 730. Going to be an early night for the both of us :)

No comments:

Post a Comment