I had my midwife appointment first thing this morning. Since it's out in St. Jacobs I asked my mom if she wanted to join us and then go into the town after. I'm happy to say I "passed" my glucose screen so no gestational diabetes for me :D I was actually surprised when she said my blood work was fine ha. I had myself convinced I'd at least need to do the longer test. Pretty happy about the results though, so is Kyle. Everything else is good with babe. She's bum down though which explains the sucker kicks to the bladder today ha. Sienna was that way as well quite late so I'm not too worried (neither is midwife). Hopefully she flips when she's supposed to. Sienna enjoyed playing with all the toys and asking a lot of questions haha. Mom got to listen to baby's heartbeat so all in all...great appointment.
Being a doctor, listening to Pinky Baby's heartbeat. That doll is back into our lives 100% now. Goes everywhere again.
After the appointment we headed over to the town and wandered a little bit. We made the mistake of going into my favorite shop, The Weathered Gate and I bought a purse. It's actually not something I usually buy for myself but that store is a problem for me. I love it. Totally reasonably priced and beautiful. Bad combo.
Sienna got to pick out her own mini purses for herself and Pinky. The ladies who ran the shop were smitten with her and basically kept her entertained while mom and I browsed.
She said hers was the blue one and the gold one is Pinky's. My mom saw what she chose and said "oh looks like she's got a bit of me in her after all!" Haha. I just said "uh mmhmm." Definitely not Mommy's taste ;)
Ok, I said Weathered Gate was was my fave but I should be more specific, it's my favorite "Mommy" store. Toy Soup is my favorite "Sienna" store. Love it. I'd love to have a HUGE basement playroom and fill it with one of everything from the place ha. Pretty sure I like going more than Sienna does. They do have a train table all set up which keeps her occupied and she does like to browse.
Then we headed over to Stone Crock for some lunch. The rain we were promised started just as we left Toy Soup so Sienna got to use her new ladybug umbrella. It was really only raining lightly and the umbrella wasn't even necessary but try explaining that to an overly eager 2 year old.
Lunch was delicious. It was a perfect end to a perfect morning. The only thing that would've made it better was a little sunshine :)
Refused to look at me of course. "I just colourin' Mommy." Alright.
I asked her what she was doing and she said "tracing this spoon, just like on Mickey." I was impressed ha.
TOY SOUP!!! Best store ever.
ReplyDeleteGlad the test went well. Love all the pics. St Jacobs is one of my fave parts of living in Waterloo, as opposed to London, its just such a gem of a place :).