Last night was a bit of a disaster. Kyle was in Toronto so I struggled to fall asleep (I always do) even though I was SO tired. I finally did around 11 only to be woken up at 1130 by Sienna. Nightmare. I checked my phone and Kyle had sent me a text saying he was on his way. Great :) I'm always a little nervous with him doing that drive so late. Whenever he comes home after I'm in bed I definitely am thinking about it. I fell back asleep to be woken up again by Sienna an hour later...nightmare. Back to sleep. Up again an hour later....NIGHTMARE ugh. So it was now 130. Sienna asked me to get into bed with her so I just brought her to bed with me. The thought of her and I squished in a single bed didn't seem like the greatest idea ha. Then I realized it was 130 and Kyle still wasn't home so I checked my phone. Had a text (including picture haha) saying traffic was AWFUL and down to one lane due to construction. Ridiculous. So I called him. Talked to him briefly and he said he WAS glad he went but now he was furious haha. So I said just a sec, handed Sienna the phone and heard:
"Hi Daddy!"
"UH Sienna!! What are you doing up??!"
"Hi Daddy!"
"UH Sienna!! What are you doing up??!"
"Had a nightmare about a bumble bee on the roof. I sleeping in Mommy's bed."
Haha. Pretty funny. It actually worked out fine. She slept great after that and since Kyle wasn't in there with us (he slept in HER bed haha) I barely noticed her in there. When the three of us are in that bed (plus a giant belly) it gets a little squishy. She was up right at 7am (I actually heard her at one point that night say "hmmm only 4 oclock no waking up yet." ha). To think back on the night it felt like I was drunk or something. Trying to think rationally and be that tired it all becomes blurry. Usually when she wakes up I wander in her room like a zombie, deal with whatever the issue is and then half asleep climb back into bed. Add in trying to do math figuring out when Kyle said he was leaving, how long it should take him to get home and how long it actually HAD taken him...well that's another story haha.
We got up in the morning and Sienna ventured into her room. All I heard was "UH Daddy?! What you doin' sleepin' in MY bed?!" and then "Well Sienna what were you doing sleeping in MY bed?!" Then laughter. I told Kyle to go lay down in our bed so he did. Sienna and I got up and did our big grocery shop early. Then stopped at Tims to get Kyle some breakfast and a giant coffee. I knew he'd be feeling so gross. He got up just after we got home at around 1030. Guess he got home just after 3am. He said he felt hungover haha. But he DID appreciate the sausage and egg breakfast sandwiches and coffee :) He had a great time at the Ink Drinks thing so that's great. Considering he HATES things like that. He's glad he went (and so am I).
After we chatted a bit Sienna and I made cupcakes. Kyle's parents called so we all got to chat a little bit (including a cute little chat with Austyn :D). I wish they were all here. Or we were there. One of the two. That's all I'm going to say.
Sienna "making sense of these eggs" (????)
It was a little iffy weather wise. It was really hot but the wind made it seem like those thundershowers the weather network promised were close. They never happened though. What DID happen was that we caught THREE chipmunks within an hour and a half period. We switched the "cheese" in the trap to bird seed (a suggestion on the box). It made sense because the rats seem to be eating the seed that falls from the feeder. Anyway. We got home from grocery shopping and Sienna went to check if we caught anything. Yep. "Brother." One of the babies. "Sister," the other baby was sitting on the other side of the trap just looking in at the other one. Poor little guys. Anyway, Sienna and I went out to let him out and Kyle took a video:
After that we reloaded the trap with seed and headed back in. 10 minutes later while Kyle was trying to tell me about his night he told Sienna to go check the trap (out our window) to give her something to do ha. She yelled "YEP!! Another chipmunk!!!" We both said are ya kidding me?? Nope. Another baby chipmunk. We went and let that one out. After the cupcakes were in the oven, Sienna checked again "are you kiddin' me! Mommy, Daddy, ANOTHER chipmunk!" The big one (I THINK the mama). I'm pretty sure it was each of the babies and the mama ha. So we let that one out and gave up on the trap for the day ha.
Sienna and I had a nice long nap. I almost didn't make it ha. I was exhausted. So was she actually. After we woke up we got right in the pool. It was so nice out.
Checking the temperature
There's an air show at the airport just near our house so we had jets flying around for the past couple days.
She swam and swam as usual. We all did. It was great. Today I actually got my Ergobaby infant insert!!! I'm SO excited. Celia actually sent me an email (so a BIG thank you to her) with a link to a Kijiji ad for one. The lady had literally used it once and was selling it for almost half of what I would pay for it new. PLUS I would have to drive out to Cambridge to the store that carries them and the lady's husband came and dropped it off! Woohoo! It's in perfect condition, box and instructions included. I'm in love. Kyle was sick of hearing me rave about it all day haha. I just LOVED my Ergo with Sienna and this insert allows me to use it with babe #2 as a newborn. Anyway, I'm so freaking pleased :D
And of course it is currently being used as a carrier/bed for "Pinky baby." She hasn't put it down since we got it.
She wanted to use it "like on the box" but since Celia still has my actual carrier we had to make due with a ring sling. Works pretty good actually ha.
And just a quick little blurb before I end here. I got an email yesterday from Emma (good friend from Prince George) saying she just read my blog and thought I'd appreciate this picture:
HAHAHAHA!! Isn't she the cutest??!! She went and visited her parents last weekend and this was her in her moms hat. Haha. I told her she definitely pulled off the mom hat better than I did. Plus she's got a beer in hand AND a ride on lawnmower. Ahhhh. Can you see why I miss this girl SO much?!! Hilarious. Made my day.
The ERGO is in the wash today and ready to be given back!! We need a get together this week so that I can return it!! It's been MONTHS!
ReplyDeleteI love that bed story so cute!
ReplyDeletegreat pics !
I actually think you pulled off your mom's hat just as well!!
ReplyDeleteI'd just like to clarify; neither of you pulled it off.
ReplyDelete