Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 158/159 - Oh the Difference a Little Sunshine Makes

So yesterday I got up with Sienna at 7 and it was miserable and raining. For some reason (well actually I'm sure for THAT reason) I just could NOT get motivated. We did do some good cleaning and laundry so at least we accomplished something. And I got to the grocery store. Yay for me hey? We did do a lot of playing with her babies too ha. After a simple lunch (grilled cheese, totally hit the spot though) we both had a sleep. She only slept for like 50 minutes though so I think my nap totaled about 15. Oh well. Kyle got home a little earlier than usual and we went to Toys R Us for a little outing. Kyle found a bug catching kit that he HAD to buy for her. She absolutely loves it. Hasn't really put it down since. Other than that there's really not much to report from yesterday :) I took zero pictures. Like I said....zero motivation!

Today on the other hand was BEAUTIFUL! Oh how wonderful it is to wake up to sunshine! Got up and did a little cleaning. A long overdue vacuum and finished the laundry. Then it was outside to enjoy the weather!
That's the "bug home" that came with the kit
There was this beautiful warm, gentle wind. She did this and said "that wind cold mommy." Talk about dramatic hey?
I'd like to say she was trying to catch a butterfly here. In fact she was "tryin' to catch that rat!" with her "butter net"
Baby carrots snack break!
On the hunt for bugs. She put all her "gear" in the net and was off
I thought that would give me a perfect opportunity to clean out the pool...
Nope
Don't mind the hat. It's my moms. There are many things I can't pull of and this hat is definitely one of them haha. I felt a little sun strokey though and it was there so...I wore it
Finally convinced her to use her net to scoop leaves so I could actually get some work done
And then she stripped naked and got in while Kyle and I cleaned

Kyle came home for lunch (and helped with the pool) because I had to go get my glucose screening done. Yay. Basically you drink this super sugary orange pop like drink, sit for an hour, then they take your blood to see how you metabolize it. If you fail the screen you go on for a 3 hour "test." I was going crazy with the hour one I hope I don't have to do the 3. Apparently its common to fail the screen though but here's hoping. I've never had the screen or test before. In BC only if you had several "risk factors" would they set you up with one (or of course if you requested one). Even though there is a history of diabetes in my family Sienna never measured "big" so it wasn't an issue. Although she was almost 10 pounds when she was born ha. So, because of those two reasons (and the fact that most people in Ontario seem to get this) my midwife thought I should. Like I said, here's hoping I pass and everything is fine.

I got home fairly quickly actually and Sienna was still napping. She woke up almost as soon as I got home. Got out of her bed, stared at Kyle and I and said "HI." Haha. We got changed into our bathing suits right away and swam our little hearts out. It's amazing actually, she just swims on her own. It's ridiculous really. We barely have to touch her. It's not like we're not out of arms reach of her or anything but it sure is a different experience compared to last year. I love it. She swam the length of the pool a bunch of times. Hope that means she'll sleep well tonight!!

2 comments:

  1. I thought you looked great in that sun hat Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO remember that disgusting orange pop-like drink and waiting around for an hour to give blood... blech!
    PS - you have the cutest maternity clothes... I think I wore the same pair of elastic waist jeans every day for 3 months straight.

    ReplyDelete