Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 151/152 - Laughing Fits and...Cowboy Hats???

I've felt like a bag of poop for about 24 hours now so I'm combining yesterday and today's blogs. In my defense I attempted to blog last night but halfway through uploading pictures something went wonky and I couldn't finish it. I'm having this weird difficulty breathing/racing heartbeat thing, which, according to my lovely midwife is not normal but it does happen. I don't know how else to explain it other than it feels like what I would imagine an anxiety attack feels like. It's awful really. I just feel like I can't get enough air into my lungs. Close to how I felt with Sienna when I was like 39 weeks pregnant and huge and she was resting right on my lungs? But combined with heart beating out of my chest feeling. And, lucky for me and any other pregnant lady out there, as usual, there's nothing you can do but grin and bear it :) So there's my daily pregnancy complaint for all of you ha. GOD. What can I say, I KNOW, I'm the worst. Anyway, here is yesterday and todays:

"Today" (Wednesday) we went to Kristina and Arthur's for another "still no baby" date. As usual it was a blast. The kids played like mad and we sat and chatted. Lovely way to spend a morning :)

Before we left Kyle and Sienna were goofing around in the kitchen, having a ball. Hilariousness ensued:
Laughing fit!

What was she laughing at you ask??? Oh that......!
That thing at the front of Kyle's head is not his hair, look closely. Ridiculously enough, it is a tuft of feathers EXACTLY the same colour of his hair. You don't know how many times I saw that thing on the floor throughout the day and thought "what the HELL is a huge tuft of Kyle's hair doing on the floor." Yikes...
Arthur and his infamous facial expressions ;) and Sienna gazing longingly at him

The first of the "greatest moment of the day":
They both thought it was HILARIOUS. Laughing fits 2 and 3
Where else would stickers go? In the sticker book? Nah...
A brief intermission of quiet train play until...

The second "greatest moment of the day":
Laughing fit 4

When Kyle came home just before dinner he announced he had a headache. Well, Sienna "took care of him":
Nothing a cowboy hat, Minnie Mouse blanket and helmet won't fix

And since Kyle has now started a status update on Facebook labelled "things I overhear Lindsay say during the day" to post to the world ridiculous things I say (apparently) I have no remorse posting the next two pictures.
Those are my sunglasses. Sienna is no where in sight by the way. This was all his doing. It was to help his headache (and so he could still watch sports highlights)
Impressed to see a camera flash ;)

Then Sienna finishes playing on her own to discover Daddy's wearing sunglasses inside so she decides to switch it up a little:
Beauty. That "headband" (which actually goes around the cowboy hat) was worn all night.
Sienna and Janie watching the mama chipmunk and her two babies eating fallen bird seed. They were both entertained for over half and hour.

And right before bed Sienna rediscovered her love for my old mini keyboard. More importantly, the pre recorded song on it. Just a warning, it's probably the most hideous "music" in the world so keep your volumes low if you decide to watch these:


As for today, today (Thursday), Kyle was supposed to go into Toronto but had a change of plans and last minute decided to paint our bedroom. Not that we weren't planning on painting it anyway just not today. I was about as useless as they come today paint wise so I was on Sienna watch and did my best to keep her out of his hair. I have to say it is a difficult task when you've got a 2 1/2 year old who is SURE she's at least 16. Example, Kyle came home (he went out while she napped to work a bit) and she said to him: "Oh Daddy, what a day! Let me tell you about it." My mom actually bought me a hard cover notebook (with little inspirational life quotes...one of my favorite things :D throughout) to write down all the funny things she says. I started today. I'm actually so excited to do it, it'll be SO great to look back on. Anyway, Kyle got the painting done despite Sienna's "help" and I love it :) You'll get pictures when it's totally done (baseboards, curtains etc.). I didn't take any pictures at all today and other than the painting nothing too exciting happened. Well, maybe the fact that Sienna ate a full adult sized fajita plus another half of one for dinner without taking a breath. She gobbled it down, fajita in one hand, glass of milk in the other, just alternating. It was really something haha. So I'll sign off here. I just hope I wake up feeling wonderful tomorrow and I can actually get something done :)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE. all of them LOVE. ... and I would like to hear the things he hears you say, lol. Sorry, thats funny, and so are the revenge pictures.;)

    ReplyDelete