Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 160 - Presents and Pool Time

Today was another beautiful day. We woke up to the sun shining and another warm wind blowing. So great. Sienna was in a fabulous mood. That was...until I broke her "pony." After breakfast I was getting her ready to go to the grocery store and was putting her hair up. Well, the Tinkerbell bobble elastic Grandma and Grandpa Hart got her snapped in my hands. She was heartbroken (and that's putting it lightly). She went on and ON about it. Even said "how is this possible?" and "Grandma bought me that pony Mommy!" I know, I know I'M SORRY!!! Ha. All morning. I'd think she had forgotten about it, then bam, "aw man, member you broke my green pony?" Yes Sienna...I remember.
Despite the devastating events of the early morning we had a blast at the grocery store. I've said it before but I actually love going grocery shopping with her. She's so sweet and cute and helpful. It's fun :) When we got home we finished up Kyle's Father's Day gift. Since I was wrapping it she wanted to wrap something as well:
It was both our sunglasses. I thought she did a pretty decent job ha.

And this was for Grandma and Grandpa Hart. Grandma and Grandpa were definitely the theme of the morning. I'm not sure how much they would enjoy a baby bottle, fake syringe and over sized fork but I guess it's the thought that counts right?

After her wrapping, we cut up some watermelon, got into our suits and headed outside.
God I love watermelon. Its sticky messy deliciousness just screams summer.

Kyle came home early for lunch and a little swim. He's starting a new job Monday in Toronto so he wanted to spend as much time with us as he could today. Was very nice :)

There has been a recent request for more videos so here are a couple. Nothing too exciting just swimming but it does capture her motoring around and you can see how confident she's become. She doesn't want us helping her at all anymore. Plus at the end of every swim session she wants to be "naked baby" and again, wants no help from us. I love it.

After her nap we headed back out into the pool for another swim. She really should sleep well tonight! My parents had us over for dinner tonight (so good!) and by 7 (actually much earlier than that) Sienna was zonked. She was in bed by 730 just in time for Kyle to leave. He's in Toronto for a little social gathering for writers..."Ink Drinks." So it's just me tonight :) Think I'll just relax and veg out!

3 comments:

  1. Sienna's hat is ridiculous - but so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it looks like one of those winter hats with the fur on the sides, and the front turned up?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pics. Sounds like a good day, broken pony aside. ;)

    ReplyDelete