As I'm sure you can guess the big news of the day is that baby Felix decided to make his world debut!! This morning we got the news and we're all SO excited! I am pretty sure I've passed the normal, healthy amount of excitement and I've just reached ridiculous but whateva, I don't care ;) I haven't gotten the whole story yet (as much as I'm sure you're all dying to hear the birth story...probably about as much as I'm sure Kristina would love for me to tell it to people she doesn't know haha). However, I DO know that he's tiny and cute and perfect. And mama and baby are happy and healthy :D I can't WAIT to meet him! And I totally thieved this picture from Facebook...so until I actually get to take a million in person:
So sweet...and all I see is Arthur!!
ANYWAY, back to my own family and life haha (I'm sure there will be a whole other post entirely dedicated to that little man once I meet him). This morning was low key (minus the great news!). We did head to the mall to pick up a couple things just before noon. After that we came home, had lunch and Sienna napped. When she napped I mowed the lawn. Luckily I didn't have to have our 65 year old neighbor attempt to start the lawn mower for me. Yes I realize he probably felt he didn't have a choice as he walked by from picking up his mail last time. To him I probably looked like 8 months pregnant yanking on the cord like a mad woman. He probably thought he should either help me start it or help me deliver my child ha. So no dramatics like that this time (ALTHOUGH he and his wife WERE sitting on their front lawn people watching so I started it behind the car haha).
So here's a little back round for the video I'm about to post. After we painted our room and Kyle was doing some clean up he ended up rifling through some old mixed CD's of mine (which he thought were hilarious by the way). Well he found one titled "Big Poppa Mix." That's right. Anyway, this morning Sienna came into our room at 7am as usual and was playing with the clock she bought me for my birthday. She accidentally turned on the CD (Big Poppa Mix of course) and scared the crap out of herself. But before she even realized she was scared she started dancing and throwing her hands up haha. Well, Kyle got a video of it while I was making supper:
After dinner we decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. Sienna had to take her stroller of course. She also had to run like a mad woman almost the entire time:
Just before leaving
Action shot
Kyle stealing her stroller
Was a really nice walk, complete with three pretty significant falls. After the second one she started to slow down a little. Kyle asked her why she wasn't running fast anymore and she replied "I falled and scraped my leg lots of times, that's why." Fair enough.
Sienna spotted mailboxes and suddenly was SO upset about not getting any mail. Evidence of "the huff" included. Also included, Kyle stealing her stroller and her chasing after him...then falling. Perfect.
Once we got back to our street Sienna said her leg hurt from the last fall (fair enough she really came down on her knee, one of those falls I could feel in my own knee). Well, that meant mommy had to carry her. The slight incline of the road made it extra fun.
Starting to struggle...
To be fair, Kyle offered to take her a million times. I just thought it would be easier to push through it instead of switching.

Great pics for the day.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Kirstina! That is the second new Felix I have seen in the last two weeks. ... weird, considering its such a rare name, and adorable !!!! Hes too cute!