Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 91 - Sunny Saturday

Today Kyle was home all which was very nice. The sun was out and it was a crisp beautiful day! It was a little chilly with the wind but we still spent most of the morning outside. We HAVE to get Sienna a sand box. I just need to get out and do it already. She wants to dig so badly in the garden and that just can't happen ha. Soon. I love how kids can entertain themselves with basically nothing for SUCH a long time. It's so great watching their imaginations.
Not sure what was happening here??
"Dale" one of the two chipmunks residing in our backyard.
"Dale has nobody to play with!" she was heading over to see him
Sienna is still struggling a bit with the sleep changes. She fights us for about 20-30 minutes. Which, although it is an improvement (a huge one) it's still incredibly tiring and really wears on you. It's definitely hard to keep your eye on the end result sometimes. Anyway, she has been going to sleep earlier and napping so that's good. She's also been so much happier lately. So it's all worth it (I just have to keep telling myself that).

After her nap I cooked up some pasta and my dad joined us for dinner. Mom is still out of town and my dad had tickets to the Rangers game. Kyle graciously let me go. It was a pretty good game. They unfortunately had a bad 2nd period and ended up losing but it was still nice to get out and watch (and avoid bedtime haha). Kyle told me before I left to expect some "angry, frustrated texts." I didn't get any. He had her in bed asleep by 715 or so. Said she fought him for 15 minutes. He was definitely bragging. Her stalling tactics ARE getting more and more creative though. Tonight her best was "I want to sleep at Auntie Courtney's house!!!.....with Dalton!!" Ah kid. I'm thinking she might be more and more like her dad...maybe become a writer too ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment