Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 85 - Happy Easter!!

Last night Sienna spiked a fever at about 630-7pm so I didn't get a chance to blog. By the time she was in bed, asleep and I had checked on her it was 10:30pm. So...here's my Easter post. I'm going to basically just post pictures since there are a ton. So here goes...

Sienna actually slept in "today" until 8am...shocking! She walked out of her room and said "what's that Daddy??!" pointing to an egg. Then she realized..."ahhh Easter bunny left it?!!?" haha. That's where it began. Approximately 7 minutes later everything was discovered. I've never seen her move so quickly. She was sprinting around, bobbing up and down. I half expected her to do some sort of stealth tuck and roll move. It was hilarious.
Discovering the eggs had things inside them haha.
After the egg hunt and breakfast we headed to the park to fly her new kite. Well, first Sienna stopped to do a little gardening in the backyard.
THEN we headed to the park. It was so beautiful out already. We enjoyed the walk and the kite flying was a HUGE success!
We of course stayed a little bit to play on the playground.
Then headed home for some lunch and a nap (gasp!). Sienna actually had to be woken up at 5:30. We should have known at that point really ha. Just after dinner (she barely touched her food) she was complaining of having the "shiveries." I felt her and she felt a bit warm. She wanted to have a shower to use all her new bath stuff so she got in and shook like mad until she went under the water, then said it was "beautiful in here." Ha. After the shower she would shake off and on and was definitely burning up. We gave her some Advil and read her her stories. After her third book she looked up at me and said "sleep right here Mama, SO tired," closed her eyes and snuggled into me. She stayed like that for 15 minutes. I'm sure she would've slept there all night if we let her. Poor kid. She has NEVER done that before. When we told her it was time to get into bed she didn't protest at all, just walked in and climbed into bed. She was asleep almost immediately. I went in and checked on her about an hour later and she was much cooler to the touch so I went to bed feeling a little better. I HATE when she gets a fever. Anything else sick wise I can deal with, but fevers just scare me. She ended up sleeping ok all night, only up once. She was super hot again at 4am so we gave her some more Advil. Poor kid. It was so bizarre. Just came out of nowhere really. Well, we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment