Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 83 - Beach Day!

Today we got up early, well, no earlier than usual ha and headed to Goderich for the beach! It was supposed to be about 23 degrees so my dad suggested we make the road trip. Since my mom was leaving Saturday and "missing" Easter it was nice to spend the day with them. Kyle and I are always a little concerned about a longish car ride but we came equipped with books and colouring and music. We basically popped in her favorite CD and she was fine. We played a little "eye spy" near the end but other than that she did great.
There weren't too many people at the beach which was fantastic. It was a little windy but it made the sun enjoyable. It wasn't as nice as Grand Bend, which is where we went last year but it was nice. Definitely enough there to keep Sienna entertained for hours. There was a little playground, a grassy area and enough sandy area for Sienna to set up camp. She played and played we had to really convince her to stop to eat. The night before we packed a huge lunch so we just sat on the beach and ate. It was a really lovely time. Here's way too many pictures:
After a few hours we headed home. Sienna was WIRED. It wasn't the easiest thing in the world to get her to leave but we promised we'd stop on the way home for a picnic and eat strawberries haha. We decided to stop in Stratford. It's about 30-45 minutes outside of KW and Kyle and I both fell in love with it. He sincerely wants to live there. I don't think I'd mind it. It seems really neat. Lots of character. We'll see haha. It actually got up to 27 DEGREES!! Wow...it was SO warm. We didn't stay too long (mom and I had to pee and the public restrooms were closed so we had to venture to a nearby Tim Hortons). To bribe Sienna back in the car again (haha) we gave her a snack bag of cheezies and she LOVED them (of course). She gobbled them up. Next thing you know, Kyle and I look over at her and....
PASSED OUT! I'm pretty sure she had JUST finished a bite of cheezie. God that kid. She slept the whole way home. She was a bit of a grump the rest of the night. This transition to no naps is a bit tough but she's generally a really happy, great kid. I'm pretty sure we really lucked out with that one ;)

1 comment:

  1. that was awesome! a great read from start to finish! when's the sequal out?!

    ReplyDelete