Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 94 - The Airport

So this morning I offered to take my mom to the airport in Toronto. Dad had a board meeting and couldn't. We had to leave around 6:30am for her 9am flight. Kyle was going to stay home in the morning until I got back so I didn't have to wake Sienna up and take her with me which was nice. Except she woke up just after 6!! Rearing to go haha. I had my shoes and coat on already and she asked me where I was going. When I told her where, she said "I'll come too!" Alright. So I quickly got her dressed and grabbed a couple car things and we were off. My mom sat in the back with her (Sienna requests this almost every time she's in the car) and it was a nice drive. The traffic was a little ridiculous but we got her there with plenty of time. Sienna cried and cried when we pulled away from the airport. She wanted to go with her. Poor kid. Soon hopefully we'll be going to the airport and will be the ones being dropped off!! :)

We got home just after 9am to Kyle just waking up haha. He was pretty confused ha. Nice he got some extra sleep though. I didn't sleep well last night even though I had gone to bed super early. Just one of those stupid nights of tossing and turning and periods of completely awake. Love it. It's only going to get worse isn't it?!? So needless to say I was utterly wiped today. And grumpy. Kyle left as soon as he could haha. Don't blame him either. He puts up with a lot ;) Sienna and I played all morning. Again, she just wanted to stay home. I suggested we go outside and she agreed, only to change her mind and want to have a shower. Lately that's been our thing. Having showers ha. She loves it. Makes my life easier too.

I THOUGHT nap time went swimmingly. She was quiet after 15 minutes and had stayed in her bed almost the entire time. Only once I had to go in and put her back in. She just babbled and randomly yelled things at me like "MOM! Can you hear me out there??!!!" I guess it's good that we can laugh at her ridiculousness. Makes things WAY easier. Kyle came home about 10 minutes after that to have some lunch. He had finished one project and had planned on going out to finish a different one. Well, Sienna started yelling "Sienna had a good nap, time to get up!" almost immediately. I think Kyle saw the disappointment and desperation on my face and he so wonderfully offered to stay home for a bit and deal with her while I napped. It was heaven. He let me sleep WAY longer than I told him to let me (not that I'm complaining). I'm STILL so tired. After this I'm going to sleep. And yes, it's 815pm.

We BBQ'd some hot dogs and smokies for dinner. They were SO good. Kyle did good :) Sienna and I sat on the deck with him while he cooked and played babies....once again. Ha.
Notice the scratches and marks all over her poor little face. She fell on Friday and sliced her cheek open. It looks like she constantly has strawberry jam on her face. Then today she scratched right below her eye and in the middle of her forehead. You can't see the yellow bruise in the center of her forehead from falling at Tot Spot against the chalk board so much anymore. She's had a rough go fall wise lately ha. Poor kid. Not to mention her legs. She generally has at least one bruise on her legs at any given time but this week there's like 5. People are going to wonder what I'm doing to her. Sadly most of them I have NO idea where she got them. The face ones sure, the legs? Not really. Anyway, bedtime went SO well tonight. It was less than 5 minutes. So great. Probably helped she was exhausted from no nap. Here's hoping she sleeps through and that this is an indication of better bedtimes to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment