Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 86 - Fever

So today Sienna woke up and still had a fever. It's pretty low grade but still. Worrisome when they're hot to the touch. She was in great spirits though (as usual). She's always been a great "sick" kid (knock on wood!!). Not really whiny, her usual happy self just a little more tired and snuggly. We've been super lucky that way. She definitely wanted to laze around which was TOTALLY fine. Watched a lot of Playhouse Disney today haha. She cooled right down after a dose of Advil and was switching back and forth from playing and laying around.
She got this alphabet from Auntie Breanne last summer when she was out visiting and she STILL plays with it on a daily basis. I'm pretty sure it taught her the alphabet as well. Great toy.

She barely touched her breakfast but was drinking a lot so that was fine. I talked to my Dad earlier in the day and he mentioned he was going to the grocery store and to work and I had told him I needed to go to the grocery store too. Well, about an hour later he called and said he wasn't going into work and wondered if Sienna and I wanted company at the grocery store. I asked Sienna how she felt and she said good, all better. Ok, off we go. We weren't out too long but by the time we were done Sienna was laying on my dad's shoulders looking quite terrible. We got home and I put her down for a nap. She only slept about an hour but it definitely refreshed her. I tried to get her to eat something but she wasn't interested so she sat on the couch and drank about a gallon of water while I did some quick dishes. Then she asked to go for a walk so we just went down to the mail and back. She was doing great when we got home, when once again she hit a wall. Looked terrible and now said her "mouth" hurt. I'm guessing it's her throat because she said it hurt when she swallowed. Plus she said her teeth and tongue didn't hurt. She didn't want any dinner. She just crashed on the couch with her "bottle" of water and I gave her a few slices of leftover ham, and some cheese. She maybe ate a couple bites of ham. After dinner it was basically get ready for bed.
She has now worn this "matching baby and me" PJ set for two nights. I have a feeling it's going to end up being those "hard to wash" items. Like in between sleeps and naps throw it in quickly before she knows its missing ha. She also now calls pinky baby her "new daughter." Everything now is a "brand new baby" and now "new daughter." So funny.

It was a pretty big struggle at bedtime. In fact I've stopped blogging about 3 times to go in. I went in once and she was whining "starving Momma, nothing to eat for dinner." Ugh ha. So she settled on a banana after I listed about 15 different things. Kyle finally got her to go down at about 9pm. I hope she sleeps ok tonight. I also hope this cold/flu/whatever passes quickly. Hate seeing her like this.

2 comments:

  1. I hope Sienna feels better soon. It's probably got something to do with "Missing MiMi" don't you think?

    ReplyDelete