Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 255 - Busy Day

So we'll see how long this blog ends up being because quite honestly I'm so freakin' uncomfortable I could cry :D

This morning was preschool again. Mrs. Tidd gave us a warning on Thursday saying "Thursday to Tuesday is a long time in toddler life...be prepared for setbacks!" It was also "bring Mimi to preschool day" so she could get familiar with the drop off/pick up routine in case we need her in the next little while. Sienna was excited once again. So excited she was up before 630 this morning ugh. But...we got to school, Sienna showed Mimi the ropes and introduced her to her teacher. Then she cooked us up some dinner and left us "eating" to go see Mrs. Tidd and find herself a puzzle to do. Guess my little girl really doesn't need me anymore ha. She surprised me with that one but I was so proud of her.

My mom and I took advantage of the "time off" while Sienna was at school to do a little shopping. We picked her up and listened to all her stories of the day. Quite full apparently. Finger painting and outside play for the first time on top of the usual routine. From there we headed to Walmart where I had the first of Mrs. Tidd's pieces of wisdom bite me in the ass. Sienna was dawdling so I told her to hurry up a bit. She looked at me quite seriously and said "my teacher tells us to use our walking feet and to slow down." GREAT. Haha. I love it. From there we went to my midwife appointment. Everything looks great. Got the "any time now" speech. I'm 3-4 cm dilated, babe's dropped (I'm measuring 1.5 cm smaller than last week) and all the uncomfortable crap I've been dealing with for the last little while has me in good condition to have this baby soon. She did a membrane sweep (for those of you who don't know, don't need to know the details, for those of you who do...do ;) ) and told me to expect cramping tonight. Well she was dead on with that one. I forgot how uncomfortable you really become (with Sienna I had my fair share of sweeps ha). Now before anyone jumps the gun (Courtney, Mom....KYLE) people walk around much further dilated than I with a few sweeps under their belt for weeks. Doesn't mean anything. Hopefully it does though :D

To top off our lovely day, Mom treated us to lunch at the infamous Stone Crock where Sienna ate three times her body weight in food. It was really something else.
In other news...we apparently have some mutant chipmunks on our hands...
They've chewed right through the lid (and side) of the plastic container we keep the bird seed in!
They've apparently been sitting inside the container just munching away...hence all the open seed shells

Sienna was so tired at bedtime. She was actually beyond tired and was giddy and hilarious. After books etc. she was laying in bed singing and called me into her room.
S: "Mama...I not sleeping!"
Me: "I know, I see that. Close your eyes and go to sleep"
S: "Mama...(long pause) can you do me a favor?"
Me:"What?"
S:"Move my dresser right beside Pinky's stroller?"
Me:"Go to sleep Sienna" (trying not to laugh)
S: "I talk to Daddy please?"
(I leave, Kyle enters)
K:"OK Sienna time to close your eyes and go to sleep."
S: "Daddy, first I need to email all those kids...ask them to come over to dress up for red day." (It's wear red day on Thursday at school).

GOD. What a kid. She tells me about receiving emails and texts all the time. So weird. Anyway, I'm off to bed because this is what I look like right now:
Poor Kyle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment