Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 242 - Preschool Part Two

Today Sienna and I headed back to preschool for the open house. She did a lot better actually. Played more with the other kids. Still didn't speak to the teacher ha but that's ok. She definitely loves all the things to do there. She's artsy, I could barely convince her to go to the main room where the toys were (most of the kids were in that room), she wanted to stay in the art room ha. She told me again that she wanted to go by herself. We'll see how next week goes.
After school I had my home visit from Nicole and Christine, my midwife and her student. It went great. Everything is looking good. Two weeks now...yikes. It's really bizarre how different things are the second time around. At this point with Sienna I was just sitting around waiting. Even when I was out doing something, I was waiting. Know what I mean? Now it's like holy crap September 25 is almost here. Ha. Ask me again in a couple weeks how I feel though ;)

I had the Fall General Meeting for the preschool at 7pm. It's just a basic meeting that all the parents (well, more like all the moms) attend to be informed about the year. I had to take in some more paperwork regarding Sienna's epipen. I ALSO had give a demonstration on how/when to use it. It was slightly horrifying. More the build up to doing it. I felt like I was giving a speech in high school again ha. All the women were SO nice though. Asked questions, wanted to hear the whole story etc. Afterwards a few said it was a great ice breaker because after my little demo everyone talked freely. I'm glad I could make a fool of myself so everyone else felt comfortable ;) On Tuesday for the official "first day" they're having coffee and muffins upstairs so all the parents who want to stay have somewhere to go. I'm really looking forward to all of it. I have a feeling Sienna and I both are going to make some new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment