I'm hoping her enjoyment of preschool translates to having a wonderful day off for the entire year. Too optimistic? Probably. She was fabulous today though. So sweet and so good. Loved it. We stuck around the house today. I actually went to bed super early last night (hence the morning post opposed to last night). I've been pretty uncomfortable lately for a number of reasons that I won't go into detail about but let's just say...I'm ready to be done :)
Sienna actually slept in a bit today until 730. A nice surprise! I was so exhausted (even with the early bedtime, didn't mean I slept that great). Kyle came back home from working around 10am to take Sienna to Michaels to pick up her gift for the new baby. Nanny sends Sienna cards with a little money in them almost weekly. She dutifully puts it in her piggy bank every time. She was very concerned about her sister not having her own bank so we went out and got her this:
A paint your own piggy. Pretty cool. She was so excited to do it. Kyle decided to get this GIANT one. Ha. I came out to see this huge life sized pig in the living room. Pretty funny. But it's cute and she's very proud of herself.
She also got herself a "baby pig" to decorate. Here's a size comparison shot. Her bank is on the right...I thought it was a pretty decent size to begin with. The new pig is easily twice the size ha.
After lunch Sienna and I made a triple batch of banana loaf. We had way too many overripe bananas (obviously). I barely even do anything anymore other than check measurements. She cracks eggs, stirs in ingredients, pours batter, I'm just a bystander.


Kyle got home while I was getting dinner ready and he and Sienna were playing in her room and the living room. I kept overhearing him tell her to be careful with the piggies and to maybe not pick them up anymore. I turned around once to check things out and witnessed this:
Kyle said it's only a matter of time until one of them gets broken. Uh YA, if we let her STACK them like that!!!
After dinner we got a visit from our neighbors from across the street. Their daughter is in the process of cleaning out all her toys she doesn't use anymore and brought a bag of stuff for Sienna. SO nice of them. She was ecstatic. We'll have to bake them cookies or something as a thank you. Back to preschool again tomorrow. I'm hoping it goes as well as it did Tuesday. She's really looking forward to it and says she doesn't want me to stay at all. We'll see!

No comments:
Post a Comment