Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 253 - Painting!!?

So today we ended up painting our kitchen. Well, I should be more specific...Kyle did. And no it didn't stress me out at all to have our house torn apart less than a week until dd (sense my sarcasm). I hated that we did it today actually, but am so glad it's done. We still have the back splash to put up so we'll see if that gets done before baby arrives. I must say though I'm absolutely in love with the colour! It looks SO good. I'll take pictures after it's all done. My wonderful husband worked his ass off today.

I was pretty productive in the morning. Kyle slept in for the first time since his film shoot. I sorted out all Sienna's fall/winter clothes and packed away her summer stuff. Did some tidying (which was pretty pointless after the painting project began) and finished laundry. After lunch though I was useless. I know all this miserable pre labour crap is actually a good thing and will help with real labour when it comes but GOD. Enough already! I was in charge of keeping Sienna busy...and busy she was. It was beautiful out today so we spent the majority of it outside.
This is what she wanted to wear outside:
I felt a little bad posting completely nude shots since she's developed this sense of privacy lately. "Mama don't watch me pee!" Ha...ok I wasn't (as she shuts the door).

Even though Kyle was so great today working away...men will always be men. Before he got started he went to Tim Horton's. While he was out I was putting some garbage away and found this under the sink:
It was like 6 or 7 eaten chicken wings from last night. I honestly sweep and wipe out underneath the sink once a day because he does this. Well...this was probably the worst ha. I don't know how it happens but he consistently misses the garbage. Anyway I let out this huge sigh when I saw the mess and Sienna said "why you say *sigh* Mama?" I said "because....look" (pointing to the mess). She looked at me and said "I don't want you send Daddy away ok? I don't want a new one." Haha. Ok I won't. Ha. Pretty bad eh?

3 comments:

  1. lol!! Poor girl, don't send her daddy away. Too funny :) what is it with major projects at 39 weeks? Moving, painting, we're crazy! At least it's done now though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm Arthur's Grandma and since Sienna is his best friend, I thought I'd follow along if that's all right? Lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete