So today was a big day for my girl. Day 2 of real day preschool. I basically just dropped her off. It was POURING rain this morning. All the little ones were dressed in their rain gear. All the mamas were helping them change into their indoor shoes. It was really cute. We did the "drop off routine" and went into the classroom. She made me dinner at the little "house" area and then gave me a big hug and kiss. I stood outside and watched her (yes holding back tears this time), watching through the tiny window on the door as she played and chatted with the other kids. One of the duty moms walked by and said "so you're off!?" I said I didn't understand why today was so much harder than Tuesday. She said "it's because they don't need us!" Her little boy is her second going through the preschool, she's definitely been there done that. Told me it's always hard when they seem to care less about you leaving. Another mom later on (who also has her second one going through) said she felt the same way with her first. She asked Mrs. Tidd if she had done something wrong to make her little guy "not want or need her." Mrs. Tidd said no quite the opposite. You've raised him in an environment where he's now comfortable to be away from. He knows you're not abandoning him. He knows you'll come back at the end of the day. It's a wonderful thing actually. I guess it is :) Although it still hurt my heart to watch my not even 3 year old be so independent. I'm just so proud.
When I picked her up she was beaming. Told me all about her day. The first thing out of her mouth though was "Jesse's my favorite!" Haha. I said oh you're dad will like that! Course it's a little boy ha. Looks like Arthur has a little competition ;) The second thing she said was "how old I have to be to drive mama?" I said 16. "And how many I now?" "You're almost 3." "When I 16 I get my lying and drive myself to school all by myself!" "Do you mean get your license?" "YA! That's what I said mama!" Haha. God that kid kills me. My heart is so full today :) I couldn't be more pleased with preschool at this point. I know there will be ups and downs. I'm SURE we'll encounter some sort of set back once baby comes. But at this point, I couldn't ask for anything more.
I was awful today picture wise. Didn't take even one. I think sitting at home waiting for her to be finished school really threw me off today ha. I felt lost. I'm sure that'll pass quickly too. So here's a video (two actually, my mom took it in two portions so it wasn't a huge file) of Sienna proving what a big girl she is. This is from when Kyle and I were in Toronto for the weekend. Swimming independently, naked baby style.
No comments:
Post a Comment