Today was the big day. Well...sort of. We had our parent teacher interview at 1015 this morning. There's interviews all week so the preschool is having an open house so parents and children can just drop in and play etc. to get the kids familiar with the place and the idea of "school." We got there just after 9am. Sienna loved it. She played, painted, crafted, playdoughed and enjoyed every minute. Of that at least. She was painfully shy. She would kind of talk to the other kids there but mainly played independently. When the teacher spoke to her she barely looked at her and refused to answer (except the occasional nod). It was all fine. I expected it to be an adjustment. She's been at home with either Kyle or I her entire life (with the exception of a short day care stay). This is the only reason she's in preschool. For the social aspect. I'm in no way concerned about her progress or intelligence. She excels in everything (not that I'm biased ha). She just has zero experience in an "official" playgroup etc. Still, with all that in the back of my mind it broke my heart. You never want your child to struggle with anything and she clearly was today. The teacher is amazing and is totally understanding and accommodating. I'm in no way worried about the outcome, I know she'll do just fine. But still...I definitely held back tears at a few points. I don't know how parents don't just cry through their entire lives. It's one milestone after another right? Chalk another one up to the hormones? Ha. When I asked her after about school she was SO excited and said she loved it and can't wait to go back and next time she's going by herself and I can just drop her off (ha right). She then also says "I just didn't talk too much Mama." No you didn't kiddo but that's ok maybe you will more tomorrow :)
Her cubby! How cute is this? She was so thrilled.
We'll definitely be using the open house to our advantage as much as we can this week. I'm sure each day she'll do infinitely better. Either way I can't believe my little girl is growing up so fast and I can't wait for this new chapter to begin :)



No comments:
Post a Comment