Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 248 - Well It's Official...

She's all grown up.
She was SO excited to go.
She already had this new confidence about it. Convinced I would just "drop her off."
I stayed for about half an hour, maybe 45 minutes. Until "free play" was over. I helped tidy up to the "tidy up song" then told her I was leaving as they all sat down for circle time.
As I opened the door into the hall I was greeted by three other moms (and one dad) all peering in to check on their little ones. They all did great. I watched through the little window on the door (as did the others) as she clapped and sang and participated happily. I was so impressed.
The moms all congregated upstairs and ate muffins and lemon squares. Far enough so we weren't hovering...allowing our "babies" to be independent. But close enough to come running if we were needed. None of us were needed :)

I think the only part of the day that made me tear up was on the drive home where she listed all the things she got to do that day. She was beaming. So was I. She said she had so much fun and "talked to Mrs. Tidd a lot." I can't tell you how proud I am of her. My not so little girl :)

No comments:

Post a Comment