I know, I know, worst 365 blogger ever. I get it. Like I've said before, once I miss one it just snow balls...
August 13
Kyle's official birthday. We had Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner and a DQ ice cream log for dessert. What the birthday boy wants the birthday boy gets. My parents also joined us. Was good times :) After bed (Sienna's bed) Kyle and I went out for coffee and then wandered around Chapters (childless it's a very different experience ;) ). We followed that by going to see Inception. Like I said...what the birthday boy wants...The movie started at 1020pm, that's right, started, so it was a challenge for me to stay up to say the least. It's a 2 1/2 hour movie so it wasn't even finished until 1am. 1am for a pregnant lady is ridiculous. Plus I didn't even sleep in or nap in preparation...my own fault. It was one of the greatest things ever that while I was taking my "halfway through the movie" bathroom break I walked out to meet another waddling preggo. Awesome actually. We just smiled knowingly at each other. Ha. So this day/night is where my blogging began to unravel. It was far too late to blog Friday and I've been far too tired to blog after Sienna's gone to bed these last few days.
August 14
I slept in. Ha. When I finally emerged (1030! YIKES) we had a semi lazy rest of the morning. After lunch we left Sienna with my dad and Kyle and I went to check things off our "things we need to buy for baby" list. Very successful. It's amazing how little we've bought this time around. Love it. When we got home we found Sienna and my dad in the pool. I forgot to mention the last few days have been hell heat wise. Ridiculous humidity and heat. It's official, it's affecting me. Staying outside for any length of time is torture. Thank GOD for air conditioning and our pool. I'm spoiled I know. The majority of the remainder of the day was spent like this:
Don't mind the bathing suit top ha. I was baby prepping and pooling it. I just have to say the ultrasound technician better be right and this kid better be a girl. Or we're in trouble ha. We have WAY too much stuff clothing wise. But I am very pleased it's all girly. With Sienna I remember after being home a couple days after she was born and Kyle going out on a spur of the moment shopping trip to find "anything pink" because we were both so sick of looking at greens, yellows and whites. This kid will not have that problem ha.
As for my little helper...well she's getting more and more excited as well. She's diving in to all her old things from "when I was a little baby" and loving every minute. She's also making her last minute preparations such as getting her stored milk supply up:
"What are you doing Sienna?" "Getting some milk out of my boob to put in the fridge for Pinky" "Alright." We've clearly got the breast feeding idea down haha. We now find empty bottles in the fridge periodically. She's storing them. Fair enough.
August 15
Kidspark! A children's festival. Lots to do, but most importantly...Brian was there!
It was WAY too hot to be out too long but we did manage to catch his show. Kristina, Travis and the boys also met us there to watch him. We did a quick loop before hand and stopped to see the fire truck on display afterwards.
That was pretty much it for our outing. We were all so hot and sweaty. We grabbed a dollar jumbo freezie a local kid was selling out of a cooler for Sienna and we headed home. Sienna passed out halfway there and slept for a good hour and a half when we got home.
She woke up for a second when we walked in the door and yelled "put me DOWN!" so Kyle did, right on the couch. She threw her hat across the room and fell back asleep instantly.
August 16
So apparently I'm in nesting mode. I started washing all the baby clothes and finished organizing. I'm constantly cleaning. My back is killing me tonight. Oh well. I've felt like a total neglectful mother-to-be before this due to my lack of planning and baby-dreaming so I'm making up for it now. Sienna and I just stayed inside for most of the day. She was my little helper as usual. I taught her how to play Go Fish so we did that a few times. Also had a "popcorn picnic":
She insisted on getting all 4 bowls out and diving the popcorn up. That's her "picnic stuff" behind her. Ha. We coloured and played and had a really great day. She was in a fabulous mood. So nice. Kyle had a meeting this morning that went until 130 or so. When he got home he offered to take Sienna swimming while I did some grocery shopping. Apparently I'm at the stage where I look like I'm "due any day now." I talked to 3 random ladies about when I'm due/the struggles of pregnancy etc. etc. today. Weird. Doesn't make me feel any smaller but oh well. I guess once you hit that size it's expected. We finished the day with the same cycle, playing, colouring, Go Fish, laundry. I loved it. We had fun and stayed nice and cool inside :)


Sounds like Sienna is all ready for her baby sister! Love the "pumping" pictures. Hahaha. Too funny!
ReplyDeleteaww I love all of these!
ReplyDelete