Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 209 - A Nice Change :)

It's funny I've been "complaining" about Sienna and this oh so lovely stage she's in lately. Today my friend Jessica's Facebook status was "is sure that kids have an instinct that tells them when their parents are just about to give them away so they turn cute again before it actually happens" haha. SO true. That very thing happened today. Their was only one "incident" today in the car when she couldn't reach Pinky. Other than that...she was a delight. Like the title says, it was a nice change. We did some running around this morning again and she was the happy go lucky kid I knew and loved about a month ago ;) We got home, had some lunch and hopped in the pool.
Blowing bubbles with the snorkel
It looked like it was going to thunderstorm so we got out. Never did. Seems to happen like 4 times a week. Dark, threatening clouds send you inside only to wait out nothing. Just passes on with no rain. We did a little playing and a little snacking and then painted for a while. I left Sienna to it after a bit to do some cleaning. I went into her room to wipe down her mirrors and came back to her painting her hands and then finger painting, "making mud pies." Alright, just don't touch anything when you're done.
Kyle came home to catch the end of the mess. I went back into her room to finish some tidying and came out to her face covered in watered down paint.
Kyle figured since I ok'd painting hands, painting her face was fine too ha. She ended up in the bath before dinner. That's what it's all about though isn't it? Letting them make a ridiculous mess and be creative and then clean them up right?

After dinner and cleanup we put together her lace up bear. It's hard to make out (on that note I should say I have to put batteries in our camera and stop using an iPhone for pictures) but she had dance shoes, a cheerleaders outfit, princess hat and a horse attached to her. Quite the ensemble.
The bear lead to this:
Naked horse riding...nice

1 comment: