Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 47 - Busy Day

I'm posting earlier than usual today. I didn't get around to posting last night because after Sienna went to bed I chose spending the evening with Kyle over blogging :) Since I just put up my post for yesterday, I thought I might as well do todays as well. That way we can start our movie right after she goes down tonight.

Today we spent the morning and afternoon with my mom. We did a lot of running around. Canadian Tire, Winners and Fairview Mall. We haven't been shopping in what feels like forever. The only thing I was actually looking for was new sheets for Sienna's bed. Her "real" big girl bed. Since Nanny bought her a new quilt she's been asking to switch. Actually, she says her current bed makes her "cramp up." Damn Berenstein Bears books putting ideas in her head (see "The New Baby" book where brother bear gets a new bed because he outgrows his old one. Has aches in his knees and pains in his legs or something to that effect). Sears is having a big sale on linens so I thought we might as well take a look.

Sienna definitely had the most fun at Winners. Mom was looking through home decor so I took Sienna to the toy section. She took her sweet time looking at everything. I'm lucky that she doesn't ask to take anything home. Well, except for books. I have trouble not wanting to buy books when I go to Winners. The prices are so much better. My weakness has apparently been passed on to Sienna. I'm fine with that though. She's always loved books and it's fabulous. She wanted about 8 but we narrowed it down to 2. Both Sandra Boynton books. I love her. Definitely my fave. We actually have almost all of hers. Maybe missing 3 or 4. She also picked out an activity book. A little old for her but if I sit with her and do it she'll do fine.
I had trouble getting her back to my mom because she discovered a table and chairs set she desperately wanted. We're refurbishing an old set that I used to have as a kid. I have a feeling I'll be painting it pink and purple with hearts or polka dots on it or something haha.
After Winners we headed to the mall for some lunch. Then off to Sears we went. We found some sheets and also a mattress pad. We didn't get home until 3pm and Sienna kept telling me she was tired so I put her down for a nap. I really think naps are becoming a thing of the past. She's not having one more often than she does. Last night though she didn't have a good sleep. She was up quite a bit so I'm not surprised she's tired today. I'm just about to wake her up because it's almost 5pm. It'll move her bedtime to 8pm most likely but that's fine. She was tuckered out after our busy day. She was SO well behaved. I love days like this. Where we go out and really enjoy our time.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of Sandra Boynton but now I'll be on the look out ;)

    ReplyDelete