This morning Sienna and I went to the library. Got her her own library card, something she's THRILLED about. I finally convinced her to let me hold on to it. I think that $2 replacement charge would add up, if left in the hands of a two year old haha. She had a great time. We stayed and read books for almost an hour. She chatted with another toddler. They actually were comparing monkey noises it was pretty funny. It's weird, she's SO shy sometimes. She's always been an observer. Takes everything in for the first half hour or so, then begins to participate. Then out of the blue she'll surprise you and walk right up to a kid and say hello. So after monkey talk we narrowed it down to three books and we were on our way.
We then made our way to the Stanley Park Mall. Has a Zehrs (grocery store) and a Zellers and few little stores in it. We did some grocery shopping and then some toy gazing at Zellers. Sienna's starting to request more and more when we grocery shop. I think I went home with about $20 worth of things I didn't intend on buying. Not that it's junk or anything, mainly fruit, cheese, yogurt...but still.
By the time we got home it was nap time. She's been SO good napping this week (knock on wood). I snapped a few pictures before we woke her up (she slept until 4:30 and was dead to the world). Don't they always look like little angels when they sleep? Haha. So sweet. You'd never know they're been terrorizing you all week and testing your limits with their listening (or lack of) and "games." She's actually been very good all week, I really can't complain. Although the listening thing is very trying at times. I guess that's why they call it the terrible two's?
She really let me have it for making her sleep with the maroon pillow case. I couldn't find her other one and she had mushed banana on the one that WAS on her bed. It usually goes on our bed so she kept insisting that's where it should be. I love toddler reasoning..."I can't find your other one Sienna you'll have to sleep with this one." "No mummy, find it!!" Ugh.
I went out for dinner and to the hockey game with my dad tonight. Nanny stayed with my mom and Kyle and Sienna went and checked on her to make sure she was doing ok. Every once in a while my dad will take either Kyle or I to a game. My mom's not as into the Rangers as dad is, go figure ha. It was really nice to get out and have some father, daughter time. Went to Jack Astor's and the Rangers won. Not bad. I found these pictures on the camera when I was uploading haha:
Pretty artistic ;)
I guess dad was doing something on the computer while Sienna had free range with the camera haha (gotta love photographic evidence hey?)
awww so adorable!!! And ya mom is definitely not as big of fan, the only time she texts me is when she is at the game haha. skype saturday!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know your mom was having surgery!! Hope the recovery goes well!
ReplyDelete