Sunday, February 21, 2010

Day 45 - Skating

We started today with a nice relaxing morning. We made pancakes and just hung out. After a while of playing we began to tackle some cleaning. Sienna wanted to pitch in and felt by pulling all the drawers out and opening the fridge she had done her share.
We tried putting her down early for her nap so we would definitely make skating today. Well...Sienna had other plans. Today turned into another no nap day. It's been really hit and miss lately. Sienna wore her Olympic sweatshirt from Grandma and Grandpa Hart in support of our hockey team :)
We left the house just before 4pm for Cambridge Center. It was actually pretty busy. I decided to sit this one out and just be the picture taker. And let's be honest, I'm no professional skater ;) Well, Sienna had a BLAST. She didn't want to leave. She started out just wanting Kyle to push her around and go as fast as he could. Within 10 minutes "daredevil child" set in. She didn't want any help. She did really well. Definitely wiped out a few times but Kyle did a good job catching her when she stumbled. She was constantly smiling and laughing hysterically when she fell. She skated like mad for a good 45 minutes. I'm still so impressed with how well she did. It was the most fun I've had in a while just watching her.
We were on our way out when she spotted a couple arcade games. Kyle let her play one and I think she had just as much fun doing that as skating haha. It was one of those impossible claw games where you can never win. Lucky for us it was a "play until you win" and we walked away with a beautiful "marshmallow" stuffie. Lovely.
We went to my parents for a delicious ham dinner right after. Nothing like ending a wonderful day with a wonderful dinner all cooked for you :D Now Sienna's in bed and we're watching the hockey game. I think a win for Canada tonight would be a pretty nice ending to a perfect day.

3 comments: