Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 30 - Salsa and Sour Kraut

Today we stayed at home again. Lately, two giant squirrels have been hanging out in our backyard. These things are HUGE. Definitely bigger than Janie. The smaller (but by no means small) gray one was looking so cold and hungry the other day so we dumped a cup full of bird seed outside our window at the bottom of his "favorite" tree. I know, I know, you're not supposed to feed the squirrels. When we first moved here the guy at Home Depot gave us a lecture on what pests they were. I believe it too. The crazy things I've seen squirrels here do to get seed out of feeders is insane. Anyway, I'm feeding the squirrels now haha. Sienna has lovingly named them Salsa (gray one) and Sour Kraut (huge black one). Where she got these names I have NO idea. She thinks it's hilarious though. Especially Sour Kraut. We spend a lot of time peering out the window watching them or looking for them. Poor Janie just sits by the window tormented. She ran straight into it three times yesterday.
SALSA!
Celia and Erika stopped in for a bit. Lunch and some playtime as usual. Was a very nice visit, also as usual. The girls played and had a great time. After they left Sienna played with her Dora window stickers and crayons for a bit. I've pretty much given up on having clean windows in my house. Whether it's fingers or tongues or who knows what else, they're never clean. Might as well let her just colour on them.
Tonight Nanny came over for dinner. My parents went to the hockey game so she came for lasagna. Sienna, of course, insisted she played with all her babies again. Nanny is turning out to be one heck of a sport.
After dinner Sienna and Kyle showed me yet another game they play. Snuggle in Sienna's bed while pretending to sleep. Both of them thought it was hilarious haha. Kyle went to work for a bit right after that and I visited with Nanny. Now I'm waiting for Kyle to get home with the next season of Lost. We're getting really into it. We're on season 3, which is the season I've heard get's "weird" so we'll see how it goes. For those of you who haven't watched though, I definitely recommend it. Very good. OH I must mention Sienna slept right through last night and woke up at 7:50am! Pretty good. I'm hoping tonight she does the same.

3 comments:

  1. Just read your whole blog at work tonight :) (BC resident's tax dollars hard at work haha) I love reading it and seeing what you are all up to! I also showed everyone at work the Sienna yelling at herself in the mirror video - it was hilarious!! Definitely count me in as a blog follower! Miss you guys and look forward to more postings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS is Kyle sporting a . . . faux hawk??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last photo of Sienna and Kyle... so sweet.

    ReplyDelete