Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 44 - Oops...Well That's What You Get :)

This morning we were on a mission to find Sienna some skates. We've really been meaning to take her skating for a while now. Guess it was just one of those things that keeps getting postponed. Anyway, off we went to Play It Again Sports. They had nothing, everything was too big. We decided to go up to Canadian Tire and have a look around. Is it wrong that I LOVE Canadian Tire?? Probably. They had these super cute molded pink and white skates for $35. They fit her perfectly, a little room to grow. We went back and forth about them and finally decided on just buying her bobskates. Even though the "real" ones were cheap we figured she's only going to wear them a couple times this season so it would kind of be a waste of money. The bobskates were $10, can be adjusted and also (I think) will give her a little more confidence. She hated just standing in the regular ones. We'll see how it goes.
Sienna didn't nap yesterday. Then she was up three times last night...UGH. She was in great spirits this morning though and was so excited about getting skates and going skating. We were planning on taking her to the Cambridge Center for their public skate from 3:40-5:30, then grabbing dinner there. Well, Sienna passed out in the car on the way home from Canadian Tire. It was only noon (she usually doesn't nap until between 1-2pm).
She woke up when we got home and thought it was hilarious that she fell asleep. "Oh my goodness, Sienna fell asleep in car!" Haha...yes, yes you did. She had some lunch, then off to nap she went. Well, she didn't wake up until 4:30pm. Nearly 3 hours. So...that's what you get for not sleeping yesterday and having a crappy sleep last night. We're going to attempt the public skate tomorrow.

As an afterthought, I just wanted to say I'm about done with winter. I love the snow and cold. Actually, I think I just really love the fact that we get 4 seasons. I miss being outside in the sun everyday. I miss going to the market. I miss the park. I really miss the pool. Soon enough I know.

Ok as an after, afterthought (??) our cat Janie is so ridiculous. I'm sitting in bed typing up the blog, and she's been sitting on my knees just staring at me this entire time. I had to take a picture and post it. For those of you who don't know Janie, she's....special. To put it nicely. Oh kitten, you may not be the smartest but you're darn cute and I love ya.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love that Janie...such a cute cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. That is hilarious! Cat's are so funny. I can see why some people are afraid of them though! Intense stares!

    ReplyDelete