Sienna swiped one of the beaters and licked straight butter and sugar off it. What can I say, it's how we keep her so slim and trim.
She also grabbed the mixing bowl after I had taken the dough out of it and placed it on her head. There were still clumps and pieces in it and she got it all in her hair. Of course I had french braided it today so there were cookie dough clumps all woven through it. Lovely.
Shortbread is always a slight kitchen disaster with all the flour involved and a two year old insisting on helping with EVERY step. To be expected though. We had a lot of fun.
Just as I put the second batch in the oven, my dad called and asked if he could take Sienna out with him. A first actually. They play and play when we're either there or at our place but he's never gone solo with her out before. She was so excited for her "special outing." They just went to the grocery store and then to lunch. Mcdonalds actually...a really healthy day around here today haha. She had a blast though. I know I've said it before but I LOVE when she comes home so excited to tell me the things she did. Today was so nice, when they got home Sienna ran up to me and gave me this huge hug and said "I missed you Mama!" and then kissed me. I almost cried. Sometimes that kid is too much. She's growing up SO fast it's incredible. She just talks and talks now. Full, complete sentences. Ugh, no longer a baby that's for sure.
When she was out I got some cleaning done and iced and sprinkled most of the cookies. She loves doing it but honestly we would be at it all day if I let her do it all herself. Once she got home she did 5 cookies. Used about half the sprinkle container. I managed to salvage quite a bit so that was good. I've been finding sprinkles throughout the house all night. I'm sure I'll be finding them until Easter when we make our next "themed" cookie batch and the vicious cycle continues....
I was trying to get the right angle so you can see how high the sprinkles were piled
The finished product. The flash didn't go off so it's a bit dark but you get the idea.
When she woke up from her nap, she and Kyle watched the Olympic skiing. She LOVED it. She was mimicking them all and was SO excited it was hilarious. The toy she got in her happy meal was a little Olympic skier as well so she was thrilled. She was running around the house with her arms behind her jumping in the air. I'm glad she can enjoy it. I definitely see a lot of Olympic watching in our future ;)
I'm envious of your french braiding and shortbread making skills.
ReplyDelete