Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Well That *Seemed* Like a Good Idea...

Today, Kyle got up and said "I think we need to start selling some stuff." We have quite a bit in storage right now. Baby stuff of course. We kept a lot from when Sienna was little (luckily) and now some of it Zoey has grown out of (already!) so it makes sense. After a moment of almost tears I agreed ;)
Toys that were packed away were rediscovered...
'New baby' accessories...also rediscovered
Zoey found this old, awesomely creepy and awkward doll from my childhood and fell instantly in love
Sienna got into her felts and decided to "Joker" up her face :|
So in the end we just put everything back into storage. I told Kyle at the beginning of this 'venture' that it would be a lot of work. I don't think he believed me. We'll get to it eventually. For now, we've just got more crap back out to play with...ah well. Seemed like a good idea at the time...

It was rainy and stormy all day. So stormy it blew our patio table and chairs into the garden. We're not talking a flimsy plastic set. This thing is hard core. Like I would struggle picking it up. Pretty impressive those southern Ontario winds. So we ventured to Playfit. With the not so great weather lately, Sienna has been bottling way too much energy. Luckily we were out of the house when it all came to fruition:
Sweaty and red are a definite understatement here.
I honestly don't know why I question why my girls are so expressive.
Ha, I wish you could see the title of this book. It was "Barbie."

On the way home we had an interesting conversation. Earlier in the day we had talked to GG (Sienna's Great Grandma) and Kyle was asking her about it. Then (because she's really into this lately) she was asking who took care of GG when she was a little girl, who took care of Mimi and Papa, then she got to Grandma. We told her Oma and Opa took care of her. Then the conversation went like this:

"Oma...hmm I don't think I remember her. Do you have pictures on your phone?"
(me) "Ya I do actually."
(she looks at them)
"Oh yes! I remember her!" (like the thought that she didn't was ludicrous) "What happened to her?"
(Kyle) "She passed away sweetie."
"Why?"
"Because she was sick. Sometimes, people get sick and don't get better."
"Oh." (long pause...I was totally worried about freaking her out like the next time she got a cold she could die etc. We had talked about Oma when she passed away but she was younger and didn't quite grasp death yet) "So did Oma die or something?"
"Yes, Oma died."
Then she got teary...."But I don't want Oma to be dead!! I want to SEE her! I miss her!"
"I know sweetie but we can't. What we can do is look at pictures of her and tell stories about her to remember her"
"OK" (wiping her eyes) "Then I want to see Opa! I want to see Grandma and Grandpa right NOW."

Ha....alright. The conversation went on a little longer but that was the gist. I think it went pretty well. Was a pretty deep conversation to have after something like Playfit. Kyle and I kinda sat silently the rest of the way home ha. It really hurt my heart though. It is interesting to watch their little minds wrap around certain things though. I could literally see her trying to figure it all out.

On a lighter note, after Sienna ran and ran today we were definitely in need of a sister bath. Zoey's first 'bubble' bath. She freakin' loved it ;)
Preschooler Thought of the Day:

On the way home from Playfit.

"Man, my feet are so sweaty!"
"Are they? I'm not surprised you ran your heart out today!"
"Ya! Smell them!" (sticking her foot in the air)
"Uh no thanks" (she sniffs them)
"Mmmm that smells GOOOOD!"

Gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment