All I can hear is Monica singing to me like it's the 90's ha. Anyway, today, I was...not myself. I don't know. Can't even tell you how I was really feeling other than kinda crappy. Not sick crappy, just...moody? Defeated? Checked out? All I know is that today I wish I had one of those "get out of mommying free" cards and made use of my 24h on call nanny to take over for the day. Oh, those don't exist?? Alright...power through...
This morning I was pulling summer stuff out of storage and came across this bag. Sienna happened to be right there with me so she wanted to investigate. It was full of junk. Literally. A bag o' crap actually. Stuff that I'm sure Kyle or I came across in one of our 'dejunking' whims and threw it in a bag, then threw it in storage to be organized/thrown out at the next 'big' organize. It was like freakin' Christmas over here. "Look!!!!! A tambourine!!!" Greeeaaat. Now we have to find a way to get rid of that again.
About 10 minutes later she came over to me, yelled "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" and threw this at me:
Thanks...she was very pleased with herself
And yes that's what her hair looks like in the morning when we don't braid it after her bath. Gorgeous isn't it. And the mismatched pj's? Courtesy of wetting the bed :) I should have known my day wasn't going to be stellar.
Here Sienna, you feed her...I don't want to. Ha, not exactly, it was more of an overly insistent 3 year old wearing a underly caring mama down. I have to admit I've been slacking with the solids with Zo. With Sienna I was on a schedule, prepping everything, making fabulous varied meals. With Zoey it was more of a oh, she's 6 months, maybe we should feed her some food ;) She's doing pretty well though. Loves her oatmeal, fruit and steamed veggies. We're not really going pureeds this time, more baby lead weaning style. Winging it I think is the right word here ha. Gave her some unsweetened apple sauce though and it quickly became a favorite.
Spent the greater part of Zoey's morning nap doing this. It's mini Lalaloopy's. Sienna will play this all.day.long. if you let her. She wants to have every one. It's our first "thing." Where she wants to collect. And you know what? I'm ok with it. For whatever weird reason, I LOVE these. And at $6 a pop for a mini doll and a few accessories (not to mention their teeny tiny size), I can handle a collection. Better the small ones than the large. Although we have two of those. Daddy gave her the ok to have more than one (something that goes against what I have casually mentioned to her (limiting it to one)). Oh well.
She was teaching Zoey. This is yellow. YELLOW Zoey.
"Yellow chalk, yellow chalk, you need to learn it's yellow chalk."
"Yellow chalk, yellow chalk, I've got yellllllow chalk. On.My.Face!!"
And her pants. And her shoes. And her hands. And my clothes. Ugh...Spring.
Sienna just loves her and the feeling is so mutual. Zoey goes right in for the molest-your-face affection, because that's how love is shown in baby land ;)
And now baby Z is calling. So off to get her to sleep.
Before I do though, here's a couple videos of her crawlung/moving attempt.
And your Preschooler Thought of the Day:
(While feeding Zoey) "Open up your manmouth Zoey!"











No comments:
Post a Comment