Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 191 - Naked Baby

We started off the day with a little baking. Sienna wanted to make muffins so we whipped up a batch. After we were done we tagged along with my mom and Nanny on a Costco run. I always enjoy my Costco runs! Never really buy anything but I love looking. On our way out the door (literally, we were at the receipt highlighter guy) Sienna popped the lid off her water and spilled it all down the front of her. Lovely of course. I didn't realize how soaking wet she was until we got to the car. We were planning on going to Williams for lunch before heading home so my mom ran back in to see if they had anything in her size. She came back with a two pack of pajamas ha. The past few days Sienna has been perfecting her getting dressed/undressed. She's been able to do it for a while now but generally just lets us do it for her. Well, lately it's all about doing everything herself. She's really quick at it now too. Like 4 or 5 times a day she'll strip down naked, then dress herself again, all within like 3 minutes. It's actually pretty impressive. Well, when we got back to the car (and my mom was back in Costco) I sat her in her seat, not buckled and closed the door while I unpacked a couple things. I came back to see this:
She was SO pleased with herself (as you can see). She was also stark naked. No underwear or anything. After she was "buckled in" she said "OK Mama, ready to go! I naked baby!" Ya alright...
A shot of her pants. Her shirt was just as wet.

Once we put on the new outfit we went to Williams and had a nice lunch. People probably thought I was nuts dressing my child in long sleeved pajamas on a 27 degree day but oh well ha. When we got home Sienna was borderline nap ready but insisting she didn't want to go to sleep. We compromised and watched Elmo in our bed for a bit. Something obviously shifted or something last night because I woke up this morning and my sciatica was wretched. I've been limping around all day. So the snuggle time felt nice. Hopefully something pops back to wherever the hell it came from tonight so I can go back to semi functioning again.

After our little rest we jumped (well I eased slowly ha) into our swimsuits and got in the pool. It's seriously heaven for a big, fat pregnant girl to be practically weightless. For some reason I've been lucky enough to have a pool at my disposal with both pregnancies. With Sienna our apartment building had one. Too bad they shut it down in September so when I really could have used it, it wasn't around. Oh well. Not this time ;) My dad says by the end he'll just come and push me around the pool. Bobbing around. Thanks Dad. So Sienna's recent accomplishment pool wise is jumping off the edge by herself! She used to do it all the time last summer (with us catching her of course, this was pre-floating bathing suit). Then when she hit that age of self awareness, the "oh I can hurt myself" panic sunk in and she wouldn't really do it much. Now she's leaping in no problem. I'm still astonished at how far she's came this summer swimming. Definitely a water baby.

After our swim we came in and had dinner. Sienna was ravenous. She ate 6 meatballs (plus her salad). It was a little ridiculous. I only ate 8 (and I kind of forced the last couple) so there's your comparison. She was up at 630 again today so she was in bed asleep by about 715. We finished season one last night so we're on to season 2 of The Wire tonight! Can't tell you how much I love that show. It's bad actually, it's ruining all other TV for me. That's one thing about having Kyle as my husband. My movie and TV standards are way too high now ha. Long gone are the days of watching mindless romantic comedies and enjoying myself (although I'm sure Kyle has a long list of movies I should be ashamed for enjoying ;)). God I've been getting rambly these past few posts. Ending now! Here's a few pictures from yesterday after we got home. Sienna was freezing cold from swimming and couldn't warm up so she asked me to snuggle her. Like I said yesterday, loving every minute of this mama phase.
You can't see her other arm but it was around my neck and she kept pulling me in SO tight so my face would smash up against hers. Love that kid :)

2 comments: