Today Sienna and I took a trip to St. Jacobs with my mom and Nanny. We got there mid morning and after one store Sienna told me she wanted to "go to the river to find a stick like Nanny's" (Nanny was walking with a cane). Alright. We walked down to the river side, found a big shady area and Sienna threw rocks (don't worry she found her stick on the walk there).
We were there for almost an hour, she was totally content. I was wearing a dress, as I hadn't envisioned spending a lot of time down at the river (my mistake clearly!). Let's just say I'm glad there wasn't anyone else around. Not the prettiest site seeing a huge pregnant lady attempt to sit on a tiny rock by the river in a dress. Not pretty at all. We ended up heading back to the village because Sienna slid into the water. It was only ankle deep but she managed to soak her entire bottom half. Guess it's good we went with a green skirt today because you really couldn't tell. No one would have known except that she kept telling people to "feel my bum, SO wet!"
We walked back up the hill to meet Nanny and Mimi at Stone Crock for lunch. Delicious as usual. Sienna didn't eat much she just sat quietly and coloured. In fact on our way out the couple sitting behind us stopped us to tell us how impressed they were with how well she behaved. Always nice to hear :)
Our last stop before heading home was at Toy Soup. Nanny insisted on buying Sienna "whatever she wanted" in the store. Never something you should say to a toddler but luckily we came out of there with a giant rubber ducky.
She initially started putting everything she came across into the miniature shopping cart saying she was "goin' shoppin'!" I was protesting and putting things back and Nanny was saying "that's ok I'll get it all for her." Uh NO! She doesn't need 14 different bouncy balls, let's stick to one purchase haha. Spoiled kid. My mom ended up getting her a couple sand box toys and the game Memory (which let's face it, I'm more excited about than she is).
When we got home my mom insisted I lay down and she'd take care of Sienna. She tried to get her to lay down for a sleep/rest but struggled haha. I told her she wasn't going to relax. I had a nice sleep and they hung out by the pool (with giant duck in tow of course).
When I got up I went and joined them outside and watched. They were in there a good two hours. That combined with no nap should equal a good sleep. Here's hoping!
And some great news to end today's post with! My sister passed her Module 2 for CASB!!! Woohoo Court!! Congratulations my dear we're all SO proud of you!!!! She's been working full time PLUS doing classes and tons of work for this mod. A HUGE amount of work and it's paid off!!! So happy for her!












No comments:
Post a Comment