Today we drove up to Grand Bend, a beautiful beach town west about 2 hours from here on Lake Huron. Sienna and I went with my parents, Nanny and Courtney last summer but this was Kyle's first visit. I forgot how unbelievable this place was. The weather was perfect and the water was so warm. It was amazing. Sienna unfortunately had yet another rough night and wasn't up until 7:20 this morning so we got a bit of a late start (not too bad though). She was SO excited to go ("I SO excited!" all morning).
On our way
She was so good in the car. Read some books, coloured, did some stickers and searched for animals. She particularly enjoyed the abundance of corn we saw ha. We got there about 1030 and snagged a perfect parking spot. Set up camp and then she was off. "This is my favorite place!"
Kyle thinks she looks photoshopped into most of these pictures ha. I have to agree with the first one there.
Chasing each other
Chowin'
Trying to get a shot of her freckles. You definitely have to look closely but they're there. I think they are cute actually, she'll hate them. We literally slather her in SPF 60 all day long. It doesn't matter, freckles are inevitable for this child. Look at her parents after all, she didn't have a chance ha.
We stripped her down because she was "freezin" after another swim. Her and Kyle were "just warmin' up"
Proof I was even at the beach ha.
Playing for a few minutes on the play ground before we left.
We told her we would stop for ice cream on the way home to kind of ease the transition ha. Well, one minute out of the parking lot:
Proof of a perfect beach day :)
And now proof of a NOT so perfect beach day:
Yowza. Pretty sure I have a lot of aloe and complaining in my future ;) My shoulders are a bit tender and Sienna, as usual, is as white as snow still ha



ouch .... I hate sun burns.
ReplyDeleteI used to get up to Grand Bend a couple times a summer, haven't been in yrs. Looks like a fab trip .
As I was scrolling through your wonderful photos I was actually thinking to myself (as a fellow red head) I sure hope Kyle was wearing sunscreen and then I see the last picture - poor guy.
ReplyDeleteI came across your blog through Food365. I'm Christine. Check out my blog
ReplyDeletehttp://christine-doubletrouble.blogspot.com/
I have 2 boys. It's nice to see pics of a little girl-she's a doll. I love all your pics at the Bend! What a fun place to visit. Feel free to add yourself as a follower to my blog. Let me know if it's ok if I follow your blog. Take Care.
Christine: Of course it's ok :) I added myself to yours as well
ReplyDelete