Ha, just typing that title made me feel a little gross. Kyle had a meeting in Toronto today so my mom was nice enough to watch Sienna for us so I could go with him. It was a lazy Sunday morning. We ended up leaving just after 12. Sienna has been a bit of a mama's girl lately. I love it of course ha. Honestly, since she was born she's always been so independent. Not a super cuddly baby, she's always off on her own doing something. So when she goes through these sucky baby phases I love every second. She voiced her objection to me leaving her "all alone" before we left with pouted, quivering lip and glassy eyes. Broke my heart a little. But after a quick chat it was forgotten and she was all set to have fun with Mimi and Nanny.
While Kyle was at the meeting I dragged my "man do my hips ever hurt and these Braxton Hicks are killin' me" butt around downtown. I loved it. I haven't done something like that in AGES. I know once you have a child things change dramatically...every aspect of your life...but little things like taking a leisurely stroll to window shop get forgotten. I find at least. Maybe I should take advantage of my parents being so close a little more often to do that kind of thing, I don't know. It's one of those things you don't really miss until you're doing them again. Then you think "wow I forgot how much I enjoy this." Oh little pieces of your former self hey? Anyway...I enjoyed myself :)
The meeting was quite short so I didn't have too long to myself. On our way home I told Kyle how I have little to no desire to move back into a big city. I know Kyle would in a heartbeat. I'm sure if we ever did again I'd love it. But for now, I'm quite content with a much quieter "boring suburban" (to quote Kyle ha) life. To be fair he did say he wants to live on the outskirts of Toronto. And it's because all his work (basically) is out of downtown so I definitely get the no/less commute. Anyway, I'm rambling a lot here. It was a really nice little trip just the two of us. It's kind of sad just a basic drive into the city with a short stop there is a nice little trip but hey...enjoy the little things right?!?! Easy to please :)
The meeting was quite short so I didn't have too long to myself. On our way home I told Kyle how I have little to no desire to move back into a big city. I know Kyle would in a heartbeat. I'm sure if we ever did again I'd love it. But for now, I'm quite content with a much quieter "boring suburban" (to quote Kyle ha) life. To be fair he did say he wants to live on the outskirts of Toronto. And it's because all his work (basically) is out of downtown so I definitely get the no/less commute. Anyway, I'm rambling a lot here. It was a really nice little trip just the two of us. It's kind of sad just a basic drive into the city with a short stop there is a nice little trip but hey...enjoy the little things right?!?! Easy to please :)
When we got home we found my mom and Sienna in the pool with Nanny watching. We walked into the backyard and Sienna yelled "Mommy! Daddy! You're home! You're really really home!" Haha. Loved it of course. They spent the whole afternoon outside. Mom told me they had "quite the afternoon." A busy toddler with no nap, I can imagine so. To end the day Nanny had made a Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner. It was really delicious. I'm not a big meat eater but I loved the boiled vegetables. A big hearty meal for sure. So now I'm sitting here with a full belly, very content, waiting for that little girl of mine to fall asleep so we can watch the last two episodes of season one of The Wire!
About 5 minutes after we got home Sienna (while in the pool) said "Daddy I'm starving!!!!" Sounding as desperate as she could I'm sure. My mom then told us she had asked her over and over if she was hungry or thirsty and she said no all afternoon. She even told my mom that I had fed her lunch (which I hadn't, she had a yogurt as a snack). Little brat hey? While Kyle was making her a sandwich my mom was telling me how she had asked her if she was hungry and she turned to Sienna and said "Right Sienna I asked you if you were hungry." Sienna said "ya." My mom said "and what did you say?" Sienna said "I said ya very hungry." What a liar ha. That kid...
Sienna is too funny - never a dull blog entry with that girl around.
ReplyDeleteI can SO relate to your commentary on leisurely window shopping... I haven't yet forgotten the good ol' days of walking aimlessly through stores. I used to be an indecisive, "I'll come back for it" shopper until Saige entered the scene.