No I didn't blog last night. We ended up having dinner with my parents (and Marion :) ). By the time Sienna was in bed (and actually asleep) it was 830pm and we had True Blood at 9. By 10 I was ready for bed. Yesterday we just hung out around the house. Sienna and I went swimming in the morning. Kyle was definitely too burnt to go out in the sun at all. In fact when he went to the grocery store he said he sprinted to and from the car because the heat was brutal. I do feel bad for him it looks painful but on the other hand getting responses like "sunscreen doesn't even work for me" when I suggest putting it on...well, it's hard to feel TOO bad ;)
Sienna didn't end up napping yesterday AGAIN. Kyle was sitting right outside her room in the living room working a bit and heard her playing and babbling away...for almost TWO hours! Then he said he heard her yell, "Sienna had a good naaaap noooow!" calling out to us. He went in and got her. Hard to be mad at her for lying ha when she actually stayed in her room for that long. Pretty ridiculous actually.
Today we had our midwife appointment at 10am. We actually got a call (while I was in the shower of course) at 845 from them asking if we could come early because another lady missed her bus and would be late. We jumped in the car, soaking wet hair and all, and got there by 930. So that was nice. Done early :) Everything looks good. Seems like baby girl is now head down so that's good. Everything else is right on track. She actually said to me today "have you started getting things ready? Like packing your hospital bag and arranging child care?" Made me panic slightly. I've probably been the worst "planner" ever with this baby. With Sienna I had lists and ideas and things in order looonnnngg before she came. I guess it's because we basically have everything, and anything we don't we'll figure it out as it comes? Maybe it's because I know you don't really need a whole lot with a newborn (contrary to books and other sources). There are a few things for sure I'd like in order. Maybe I'll get to those this week ;)
Sienna listening intently to the "baby doctor." That's a make shift sling for her bear/babies she's been wearing lately. Who knew a Bella Band could double as a doll sling ;)
Being a little helper. Holding the tape measure and loving every minute.
When we got home Kyle headed out to work and Sienna and I watched Elmo in our bed. I was pretty wiped today, had an AWFUL sleep last night. Sienna slept really well for the first time in ages so of course I was up every hour ;) We snuggled under the covers and watched Elmo while the rain came pouring down. Pretty nice.
After Elmo we made some oatmeal raisin cookies:
And the egg obsession continues...
While I was tidying up Sienna insisted on wearing this:
To do this:She kept it on for the better part of the day. She'll do that every once in a while. I'm sure we'll be seeing a lot of that train conductor costume in the next few days.
After trains she "doctored" me and "listened to baby's heartbeat like at baby doctor's":
And just before Sienna went for her nap:
So when I said (in my Grand Bend post) that I saw aloe in my future I was definitely right. I was just a little off about WHO would be applying it. Last night when I put some on Kyle he told me to "try and do it nicely like Sienna does it." Wow haha. She does have an evil side to her like her mama...she likes when she sprays him and he jumps because it's so cold in comparison. Laughs like a hyena.
After her nap she got back into her conductor's outfit and played and played while I made dinner. Kyle came home and she doctored him too ha. The cool rain was definitely a nice break from the heat lately. It's supposed to start getting hot again which I'm surprisingly ok with. Hopefully we'll get a chance to get back outside again tomorrow. Sienna's getting so used to being outside all day long today she asked me "what we doing in this house for so long for??" Sorry kiddo it's raining out. "Aw man!" Yep :D
Oh here's a couple shots of the new babe in my life, courtesy of Kristina:
Love him :)
awwww I love her at the baby dr. then the conductor outfit soooo cute.
ReplyDelete