This afternoon my parents offered to watch the girl so Kyle and I could go to the Kitchener Rangers game. They have season tickets and, quite often actually, they let us take them. I have to admit...I've become a HUGE fan. I love going. I not only enjoy the time alone with Kyle but since we go so often I've gotten to know the players etc. and LOVE to watch! Since my parents are season ticket holders they get these discounts at certain places around the city. They've made it a tradition to go to The Whale and Ale before every game. So tonight, off we went. The food there is always so good. Here's a couple pictures of dinner. Kyle, as usual, was incredibly cooperative with the camera. Ha (please sense sarcasm). This is the biggest smile I got out of him:

So thrilled to be ok with his wife hey? And when he said "here let me take a picture of you" I was NOT expecting this:

So I made him take another, regularly zoomed one:

Thinks he's SO funny. Anyway, the game was ok. They played Niagara and they were TERRIBLE. So Kitchener didn't play the greatest either. They won 3-2. It was still so nice to get out and see the game. I really can't thank my parents enough for letting us do that kind of thing. They always do the offering so it's nice. We really didn't have that the first 18 months of Sienna's life. Only when we were lucky enough to visit Prince George and either my parents (when they were living there still) or Kyle's parents (always always offering :D) were there to give us a night off. When we lived in Victoria, my sister watched her a few times as well. It was tough though, she worked and went to school so asking her was never really something we wanted to do.


Tonight was a little different though. I should have mentioned that yesterday...we got rid of Sienna's soothers (or "doo doo's as she calls them). It's not like she has them all the time. Strictly bedtime really. We actually had got rid of them when she was about 7 months old. Completely gone actually. Then Kyle and I took a trip to North Carolina for a friend's wedding and my parents watched her. It was the first trip we'd taken since she was born. Actually, the first time anyone had taken her for any length of time. Kyle's parents had taken her on our wedding night (that was a first as well), then the trip was a few days later. We wanted them to have it as easy as possible so we told them they could give her a soother if she cried too much when they put her down. She had her soothers back in full force by the time we got home haha. It was fine really, we planned on getting rid of them again after that but it just didn't happen.
We told Sienna that if she wanted a "big girl bed" she had to get rid of them (something she's been asking for the last week or so). So yesterday when Erika was over, she gave them to her. When I took Erika home, I took the soothers with me and that was that. Apparently she asked for them a couple times when I was gone. Asked to go get them haha. Kyle just kept explaining what was happening. There were a few more requests when I got home but again, we just explained it to her. When bedtime came there was a little protest. Some tears, some yelling, but all in all it went pretty well. We had to go in twice before she was quiet. Not bad considering what I was expecting. This morning she asked again a couple times to go get them. A few whiny tangents about how she could go get them any time she wanted. It was like she was explaining what the "real" deal was haha. Nap time went swimmingly. Not a peep.
We were a little concerned about my parents putting her down sootherless. Actually, my mom's exact words were (when she heard about it) "No soothers? That's great! Nice of you to do this the day before we're looking after her though...thanks!" haha. She was up for the challenge though. Sienna did great. No crying, no begging, nothing. I know I constantly underestimate that child and don't give her enough credit, but I'm genuinely very proud of her. Looks like I'll be posting pictures of her big girl bed in the near future!
lol...good to see I am not the only one who has a hubby who thinks he is SO funny sometimes! :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome about going sootherless too!